The Eleventh Voyage

Dearest Kara,

I have sent this letter with Amadio, just before the ship departed once more. As I write this to you, I feel a strong urge to empty my stomach in the most grotesque ways possible; However, I also feel as if I could walk on the very clouds in the skies. Both of these emotions are waging wars with one another as I suffer the after effect of their consequences. Is it possible to feel this way? Perhaps it is a new emotion that I had not yet discovered? Or it could be my unrelenting nerves. As I write this, I realized that I felt the same way my first expedition, when I visited Balbadd for the very first time. It feels as if the world has moved on without me. Without Feanel. All I can hope is that I don't embarrass myself in front of the King of Sindria.

Speaking of him, I wonder what he is like? It has been so many years. Thirteen to be exact. Last time we met, he was kind and seemed to care a lot about making people's lives better. I am sure that Sindria and Feanel are two peas in a pod in that instance. From what I know and what you have told me, I believe it to be so. Trade will prove difficult, but I shall make sure to establish good relations. The idea of messing up haunts my dreams. Though I much prefer that over my dreams with the strange man. Sinbad the Sailor is what they used to call him, as far as I know. I am not quite sure if it is the same Sinbad, but I don't believe it really matters.

Besides my worries, I got to acquaint myself with the other sailors once again. Euge is doing fine, and Muhammad is living his best life. Amadio was happy to be spending time with me once more. And there are many others I could write about, but I fear a simple letter would soon become a thick book with tiny words written into it. I personally believe that all is well. Each one of them has made sure to keep me comfortable. I have played my harp and violin for them as they work. One day, we sang sea shanties from dawn till dusk. I wish all those men great happiness, and I allow them to place their burdens on my shoulders.

I hope for your good health and clear mind. I hope to be back on schedule, which I intend to keep. After all, I have manners to attend to. I hope you write to me whenever you can, and I wish you all the love I can give.

Your beloved sister,

(Y/N)

P.S. There is no need to worry. All will go according to plan.

I wrote this when I thought Sinbad would have been a little more official, but I was proven wrong for the time being. 'I traveled for two weeks on a ship for this?!' I mentally screamed, 'For a King to not even care about my arrival?! A King who knew who I was and that knew I was coming?!!' Of course, I wouldn't breathe any of those words out loud. The last thing I wanted was to cause any problems in a foreign country.

The next morning, a little before the sun started to rise, I got dressed in my more common clothes, before tying up my hair so it was out of my face. I did some basic reports and analyses, as I waited for the sun to rise up into the beautiful blue sky. My eyes eventually looked upon some empty stationary and some sealing wax. Gazing at the undisturbed door, I wondered whether or not to take the obvious. Standing from my seat slowly, I picked up a couple pieces and brought them back to the mahogany desk. With that, my hand, which tightly gripped an abused quill started to write. Once the sun had risen, I finished up my letter. A small incoherent sigh escaped my lips as my eyes rested on the address. 'Do I really want to send this?' I wondered to myself, before tucking the letter into one of my pockets in my bodice. I grabbed my flute and went out to my balcony. Looking around, I started to play my instrument. The song was known as Wind Waker, since anytime it was played the wind started to dance about. Generally, the song was uplifting and cheerful. I was not too fascinated with songs of melancholy and grief. Once I was done, I decided to leave the palace before anyone really noticed. I told the guards of my temporary leave before I wandered the great streets.