The Fourth Voyage

I remember the first time I stepped foot on that large island's ground. The sand was so hot that my feet were as red as cherries. My father and the former coup d'état started barking orders that needed to be met immediately.

Homes were built from the ground up and everyone started to make a living for themselves and their families. For once, I saw everyone smile. Feanel brought peace to everyone on it, but something was still missing.

The island was filled head to toe with tropical plants and strange wildlife; However, my father noticed that there wasn't much in the terms of food. Coconuts and the occasional durian was found on the island. Fish and other wildlife were abundant as well. For a time, this satisfied everyone on the island. After all, it was far better than the scraps we were given in Janah. That was until my sister, and I found something weird in the ground. We brought it back to our parents in hopes that it was some kind of food. It was called a fennel and it was some type of carrot. Everyone on the island became so obsessed with the vegetable, that we named the island Feanel.

Something else that was missing was the lack of a leader. The more days went by, the more arguments started to occur. "(F/N)! You have to help me! This bonehead thinks that I misuse, even though I only use the water for cleaning my laundry and myself."

"That is exactly the problem!" The other yelled, "You don't seem to understand that everyone else who is downstream from you has to use the dirty water that was used to clean your dirty ass. The next time I smell my cloths, I don't want to smell you, you hear?" Arguments like these would ensue more times a day then I had fingers and toes. They weren't really a problem, but it always interrupted our day, especially my father's. The last straw was when two men got into a fist fight in the middle of our house because someone was accused of stealing the other's eggs. That was when my father set up a committee to run our small village; However, this still didn't give my father a break. Almost everyone insisted that he be the head of the council.

"No! I refuse to be put into a position higher than everyone else!!" He would say. That lasted for a month, until he finally caved. It started out as a committee with the head of every house as a member. This established a system where every household had a voice. It stayed that way to two years until my father started to branch Feanel out to the rest of the modern world.

Trade became so fluid that the beaches were soon made into gorgeous boardwalks and markets. Every couple months, my father would set sail with five council members to find more people, countries, and lands. Every time he came back, at least one hundred people would be welcomed to Feanel. New foods, ships, and resources would also be introduced to our once small society. When I was twelve, the island had become a functional, happy kingdom with a free trade and beautiful sights. There were stores, markets, restaurants, attractions, and a large Church. Feanel became a beautiful society with everything it could ever need. But Feanel would be destined to fall apart if there wasn't a leader to guild the subjects.

The system my father set up started to lose its ability to function. The meetings of the council quickly became an unintentional screaming competition. With a vote, Feanel was turned into a Constitutional Monarchy, where a King and a parliament would foresee foreign and internal affairs. In the spring, (F/N) (L/N), my father, was crowned the King of Feanel. He was the man of the people, and he lead his people through the storm of salvation. Therefore, a popular man who took charge when no one else did was crowned not only a King, but a symbol of peace and prosperity.

The Kingdom of Feanel slowly grew as years passed on. By the time I was fifteen, Feanel had a population of eight hundred people; However, there was still so much island that could be filled. Houses lined the beaches and Feanel itself covered about twenty-five percent of the actual island. I believed my father wanted to keep it this way to preserve all the wildlife and natural growth of the island's eco-system. I still believed that Feanel could grow bigger. As I spaced out during my lessons, I felt a sudden smack on my hand.