The Twenty-Fifth Voyage

"So, you're headed out into the unknown again?" The black-haired stick of salt spoke, bored out of his mind. Back in the black void, still intertwined after all of these years. "You know... I was really starting to get used to the idea of you not plaguing my dreams with your ugly face."

"Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you." I mocked coldly, as we sat across from each other. Around us, as usual, was darkness. We were the only color in the void; however, I would have much preferred if it was just me.

"Bullshit! I'm probably a highlight in your pathetic life!!" Huffing a little again, I wished this conversation to be over, "So where are you headed this time, hm? Somewhere interesting I hope." I opted to not answer him. At this response, he scoffed, "I'm trying to be civil, Island Princess. The least you can do is meet me halfway."

"We both know that us being 'civil' to one another died a long time ago." Finally answering him, Judar grinned evilly. "I'll indulge you somewhat. I've met far more interesting people then yourself." He knew my games well. Scoffing again, he stared away from my figure and toward the void. Unlike the many clothes he once wore when we were smaller, he, instead was wearing a black crop top and black harem pants. It didn't seem very dignified to me, but I wouldn't question it anymore than I had to. "You're a magician aren't you? Have you figured out why our dreams are still interconnected?"

"Nope, and I don't plan to anytime soon." He spoke, making me raise an eyebrow. One glance was all it took to make him laugh hysterically like a mad man. Though it was not out of humor. It was mocking and condescending, "You are still a pest, just as you always were!" Glaring at him, Judar continued, "I'm not going to bother figuring it out because of one simple fact~" He cooed, circling around my figure amusingly, before taking my chin, "Mainly because I couldn't fix it even if I wanted to. Our wavelengths are intertwined. There is no playing with fate on this one. Now time for your weekly execution~" Taking out his wand, he waved it around frivolously, "Now, how to kill you this time~" Judar mumbled, "Oh, what the hell! Something quick will do the trick!" A stab through my stomach then I woke up with a start.

'I hate him with my very being...' I grumbled mentally, before attempting to return to sleep, however, this would not come to fruition. Giving up ten minutes later, I got dressed into my blouse and leather pants, before leaving the room silently. Meeting a couple sailors, I nodded in their direction, before making it to the edge of the ship. No matter how many times Judar would 'kill' me, I would never grow used to it. Sometimes, I would feel annoyed. Other times, my stomach would empty itself of its contents from the gruesome death. Most of the time, my eyes wouldn't shut for the rest of the night. Lately, we haven't been plaguing each other's dreams. It was more of a quick occurrence.

Standing by the edge, my eyes focused on the water below the ship. It moved beautifully with the wooden craft as I felt almost relieved at the sight. The smell of the ocean breeze took hold of my senses, as I stood out by the tip. A figure approached me slowly, as my eyes stared out to the horizon. "Beautiful. Is it not?" Jolting up, I turned to face the amber-eyed sailor. Feeling flustered for a second, I nodded my head before staring out to the waters again. Stars hung above us, dancing in their own little way. "Couldn't sleep?"

"I... woke up from a nightmare." I answered simply, before staring up at him. Sinbad's eyes had already gazed into my own when they made contact. "What about you?"

"Believe it or not, I was working on some more paperwork." Something in me thought he was joking, but I didn't want to deny the possibility of Sinbad being responsible. Humming in response, my eyes moved away from his own and moved down to his neck. Though it was dark, I could make something out. Part of his skin seemed miscolored compared to the surrounding surface. It was horizontal and appeared to have been wrapped around his neck at some point. "Is something wrong?" He questioned, before my attention was drawn away.