The Sixteenth Voyage

"So what can you tell me about Sinbad?" Almost immediately after reading the last of Sinbad's various adventures, I was still left feeling uncertain. The second scroll stopped when he returned to the Reim Empire yet again; However, something felt off about it to me. There was still more to write about. After all, Sinbad was sixteen when the second scroll ended, so there was a gap of thirteen whole years. On another note, he mentioned a young man called Mystras, who was the first knight-prince of Sasan. However, knowing that Spartos was in his supposed brother's place made no sense. Drakon was also mentioned. Oddly enough, he was brought about to sound human. To look like a human. This brought about even more questions. Least anyone forgot, there was nothing explaining any events that Sinbad experienced a great change. So here I was, sitting in the garden with Spartos next to me. He seemed thrown off by my odd question, but he bounced back.

"You... want me to tell you about Sinbad?" He asked, in a mildly flustered manner. I nodded slowly, before staring straight into his eyes. He then drew them away. "What do you want to know about?"

"After reading his two volumes on his adventures, I was left feeling more than a little confused. I was hoping you could help fill in some of the details." I responded, as Spartos's expression saddened considerably.

"I would tell you, (Y/N), but I was one of the last Generals to be inaugurated into the Seven Seas Alliance, so I wouldn't know anything more than you already do." Spartos claimed, with truthfulness in his eyes. I let it go, feeling a little disappointed. "(Y/N)?" He queried, gaining my attention. A hum escaped my lips before, Spartos continued to speak, "Why don't you just ask Sinbad whatever you wish to know? I'm sure he wouldn't mind telling about his adventures."

"But that is just it, Spartos. I may have not known Sinbad for as long as you, but I know deep down, that there is some more personal information after this second volume. Something happened, and I know if I bring it up to him, he'll sugarcoat and white-lie his way through the conversation. And I'll have no way of knowing. Besides... he and I are not on the best terms as of now..." I answered, rubbing the back of my neck in a flustered manner. At that time, I believed that Sinbad and I were too different from one another. After all, it appeared that we didn't have anything in common.

"Come now, (Y/N). I'm sure you and Sinbad can patch things up." Spartos praised, as a thin, yet large smile drew upon his features. 'Such a handsome smile...' I thought, reciprocating his actions. As we sat in the vibrant garden, maids and servants pushed one another to look through the window. 'What a wonderful couple they would be?' They thought, before Ja'far shooed them away and ordered them to return to their duties. He looked through the window as well, to see Spartos and I talking about who knows what. A soft smile appeared on Ja'far's features, before he continued down the hallway.

"Thank you for your time, Spartos. It really means a lot." I stated, bowing out of respect. Spartos became flustered upon my actions before doing the same. His bow was rigid and uncomfortable looking; Nevertheless, we bid farewell before I made my way inside. Walking around the hallways without any direction, I wondered who else I could ask about Sinbad. As I wondered about, I came across the supposed library that Ja'far once spoke about. It was a plain looking room, compared to the others. It was much smaller then I had anticipated, and far dustier. It felt like the room hadn't been inhabited in years. Tearing away from my overall surroundings, I grabbed out Sinbad's second volume. I had long finished the second scroll, so there wasn't much of a need to continue lugging it around everywhere I went. Placing it away, I started to gaze at the other works placed on the wooden shelves ideally. Pulling some of them out of place to take a peak, I read what I could before leaving the room. Upon walking in a random direction, I managed to come across both Dragul and Hinahoho. Rushing over to the two of them, I voiced my presence.