The Twenty-Nineth Voyage

"For Solomon's sake, that idiot didn't go into details, did he?" It had been a few days since I agreed to join Sinbad in the Seven Seas Alliance as his Nineth General. However, I wasn't told of anything else. "Why does he have to make everything so complicated? Your knighting is in three days."

"What?! Then why didn't he tell me sooner?!!" Ja'far stared up to the ceiling in thought, sighing to himself.

"I have no idea what goes through his head sometimes..." He grumbled, still lost in his head, "I guess there is really only one thing that is due to your attention. You know how to dance. Manners are all taken care of. You'll run through the entire knighting the day of, so no problems there. The only thing is..."

"What is it?"

"I'm sure you know that it is common curtesy that a woman be escorted by a man to this sort of event, regardless of status." That thought had completely slipped my mind. Amadio was always there to escort me to these sorts of things, so I never had a problem with 'finding a date.' Huffing in defeat, I accepted my fate.

"So, you're saying that I only have three days to find an attendant that will go with me... That's fine." I sighed, feeling a something drop into my stomach. Anxieties took the reigns as I mentally panicked. Ja'far noticed but didn't dare bring it up.

"You know..." He started, catching my attention, "... something tells me that Sinbad would be more than happy to escort you if you were to ask him. However, I understand that you believe it is the man's job to initiate, am I correct?" A faint hue painted over my cheeks, as I nodded in affirmation, "Give him two days. If he doesn't ask, then I'm more than positive that one of the Generals will go."

"What about you Ja'far? Do you have someone to go with? If not, we could go together." I queried, as he gifted me a kind smile.

"I'm flattered that you would even think of going with me, (Y/N), and I would say yes; however, I must watch over my- well, our King during the duration of the night." He denied. I've never had to deal with this problem before, so this was going to be tough. Excusing myself, I got to thinking.

'Would Sinbad even want to ask me?' Conveniently, a small group of beautiful women passed me by, sparking my anxieties even more, 'I doubt it... Why do I feel so sad about it though... I shouldn't feel this way, so why?' A moment, 'There probably isn't a reason. I'll do as Ja'far asked and wait to ask someone till the last day.' I waited two whole days and there wasn't even a peep. In fact, I waited until noon. Nothing. My first target was Spartos. I blushed from just thinking about going with him, however...

"Sorry (Y/N). I can't take you..." The red-head spoke sadly, as his eyes trailed the floor. Before I could even think about asking him why, he answered, "I already promised Pisti that I would escort her." Looking to the floor myself, I felt like the world was collapsing. Well, maybe not that extreme, but I did feel a large sense of urgency, "Sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your-"

"It's alright Spartos. I wouldn't want to get in the way of your plans. Besides, we can still talk and all of that there, right? But you do have to promise me a dance, alright?" He nodded happily, with a sweet hum to follow, "On that note, do you know who doesn't have a date yet?" I queried.

"I know Lord Sinbad doesn't-"

"Anyone else? Anyone except Sinbad??" I urged, baffling the red-headed knight for a moment, before everything went back normal.

"Let's see..." Spartos thought out loud, "Sharrkan is going with Yamraiha, since they apparently panicked about finding someone to arrive with. Drakon is arriving with his wife. Ja'far is supervising. Masrur is taken. Hinahoho doesn't have anyone to go with, though... it might be a lost cause. He prefers to attend with one of his daughters or go alone entirely." Thinking about it a moment, I felt determination fill my veins. Taking the Prince's hands, I gave him a large grin.