The Seventeenth Voyage

"So... how was everyone's day?" Currently, all the generals and myself were in the dining room eating dinner; however, everyone stayed silent. There was no light chatter. No conversation to be heard. If someone listened hard enough, one could hear the banter of the maids outside the room. No one dared to speak. Why? For one, everyone knew about my nosiness regarding Sinbad. Considering the last argument I had with said male, I understood why talking was out of the question in general. On the other hand, Ja'far quickly grew annoyed that day. The fear of speaking really kept everyone quiet.

"...Peachy." Ja'far sneered, stabbing his fork into some tender meat. Those next to him flinched at the action, including myself. Sinbad stayed silent for a moment, before continuing.

"Um... alright. How was everyone else's day?" He asked. From the corner of my eye, I saw Hinahoho shake his head while biting his lip. Everyone else answered in a similar fashion. Sinbad then shouted, "Oh, come on guys! Throw me a bone!!" He practically whined, before Ja'far snapped back at him.

"Why don't you mind everyone else's business?!" I had sunk further in the chair, hoping that I would disappear. Why was I so idiotic? I had only caused more problems since my arrival. I was supposed to be a mediator of sorts, so how did I cause so much trouble? Ja'far gazed in my direction before visibly calming down. I knew when enough was enough.

"King Sinbad, may I speak with you out in the hallway for a moment? I... have something to clarify." I spoke, waiting for a response. He let out a small sigh, before adhering to my wishes. We left the room and out to the hallway. Almost as immediate as leaving, Sinbad then started to rant once the dining room door was closed.

"Everything has plummeted ever since you arrived in Sindria!" He yelled out, covering his large hands over his face. Before I could add in a comment, he continues, "I don't know what you want from me, (Y/N)! First your insane demands, then the lying! I don't even know who else is lying to me... 'There was a thud!' I know there wasn't a thud, you know how I know that?! Because I was nearby!! There was no thud... not even a peep before you screamed." Before I could react appropriately, he cut me off, "Let me finish! I haven't succumbed to sexual desires, alcohol, or any inappropriate actions toward yourself, because I haven't wanted you to be upset!! Tell me!!! What more could you want from me?! Why do you loath me so much!!!" He screeched, holding my shoulders tightly. I had never seen him lose his temper before, so I was more than shocked by his tone of words.

"Sinbad! Pull yourself together, please!" Sinbad soon calmed down considerably, before letting go of my shoulders. Sitting down on a nearby bench, I motioned for him to join me, by patting the spot beside myself. He sat down, before I decided to speak again, "Sinbad, you are right, and I'm sorry. Nothing dropped in my room that day. I... was reading your adventures."

"You were... what?" He questioned softly, before I opted to elaborate.

"I just wanted to understand you more appropriately without you sugarcoating everything for me. After I was done I... asked some of the Generals about some of your experiences. Needless to say, I didn't get much. I am sorry, Sinbad. I just wanted to get to know you better." He remained silent, as I wondered what the mysterious sailor was possibly thinking. 'Do I say something? Do I keep my mouth shut? What to do...' I pondered, as Sinbad drifted his gaze over to my own once more. His eyes were such a beautiful color. It was the deepest of ambers. A fool could mistake his eyes for jewels. Snapping out of my head, I stared back at him.

"(Y/N)," He let out softly, as a small, embarrassed blush appeared on my cheeks, "You should have just asked. I would have been more than happy to answer your questions."