The Eighteenth Voyage

"I see what you are saying, but don't you think asking one another for the same type of fish is a little over the top. On the off chance we have the same type of stock, we shouldn't trade it with one another, unless it is completely necessary. It just seems... mundane and a complete waste of resources." I commented, glancing over at the King of Sindria with a small smile. He grinned back in my direction.

"I guess that would make sense. How about this instead?" He queried, pulling out a stack of papers. As I looked over them, he decided to elaborate, "Sindria, though is talented in all aspects, lack some skill when it comes to making medicine and, or providing medicinal herbs, so that is where Feanel comes in. Unlike Sindria, you have large pastures of fennels, ginseng, feverfew, chamomile, and much more, correct?" I nodded, before he continued, "As for your end of the bargain, Sindria will happily provide you with our produce, limited textiles, and any building materials you may need. Though, I'm sure Feanel has more than enough wood to go around."

"Sinbad, we could always use more lumber. I once told my sister that we didn't. Actually, I told her that right before I was shipped off to Sindria; However, building materials would be most useful." I stated, before glancing over the packet once again, "Would you mind if I took this with me and did a few revisions? I do want something I can be proud of." I giggled softly into my uncoiled fist. Sinbad smiled back in my direction, signaling that I was welcome to do so. Holding the papers close, I gazed up into the bright blue sky. It was a beautiful day in Sindria, which wasn't saying much since it was always of an aesthetic nature; Nevertheless, I never took it for granted. At the time, Sinbad and I were walking around the palace. His home, though impressive, was pretty boring. "May we stop by my room quick? I would like to put these papers away."

"I have a meeting in a couple minutes." He announced, before rubbing the back of his head, "It should only take thirty minutes. Meet me in the throne room once I'm done, alright?" Sinbad inquired, as I gave him a quick smile before disappearing down the hallway. Putting the papers away, my (E/C) eyes moved toward the ceiling. 'Alright... what now?' I questioned myself mentally before gazing outside. It was still a lovely day.

'I'm sure Sinbad wouldn't mind if I went down to the port... I'll be back soon anyway.' Humming to myself, I pulled out a baggy peasant shirt with puffed out sleeves, tight black leather pants, brown leather boots that moved up to my knees, and a loose (F/C)-colored corset around my bodice. Grabbing my flute, I put it in my belt strap before fastening it around my waist. I let my hair down before running out of my room and toward the main door. 'In and out. No one will ever know...' Slipping out, I skipped down to the port, which was as lively as ever. In the large square, I examined all the stalls, before looking toward a large fountain. Children ran around it playfully. "Hello, dear. Would you like to try a fish-stuffed scone? It's a Sindrian delicacy!" An older man addressed, snapping me out of my train of thought. Thinking about it for a moment, I nodded. As he gave me the supposed delicacy, I paid in full, before making my way over to the fountain.

"Excuse me, miss? You're sitting on something." A little girl spoke. Her tone was soft and scratchy, indicating she didn't talk a lot. Sitting up quickly, she grabbed a small piece of paper which was heavily doodled on, before sitting down on the edge of the fountain. From the corner of my eye, I noticed what could only be miscellaneous music notes written on or in between five lines.

"Do you write music?" I queried, as the girl shyly gazed up at me. Her eyes turned downward once again, as I wondered if I said anything wrong. 'Perhaps, I am being too clingy...' I told myself, before taking a bite into my scone. Her hazel colored eyes landed on the flute wrapped around my waist. Feeling my prized possession slightly being touched and moved, I changed position and gently glanced over to the source. The young girl brushed her fingers over the cold metal. "Would you like to hold it?" After she shyly nodded, I unhooked it slowly before letting her hold onto it. Attempting to blow into the flute, no noise ended up coming out. A small giggle escaped past my lips, before she continued to toy with it. She was delicate with my flute and treated it as if it were made of porcelain. "Would you like me to play you something? I would love to perform for you." Giving it back to me, I moved my fingers into the correct position before blowing into it softly. I played The Ballad of the Wind Fish, a little song that I taught to children of Feanel. After playing the small tune through, I glanced back at the young girl. "Would you like to sing with the melody?" Nodding a little, I started to play once again. She sang along with the tune gracefully.

Before I knew it, we had gained a small audience. I had ended to small melody, before transferring to my favorite, the Wind Waker. The young girl was confused for a moment before singing along with the general tune. At that point, I was proudly standing on the edge of the fountain playing with great pride, yet refined dignity. It had grown so late in the morning, that I completely forgot about Sinbad; Nevertheless, I was happy playing the song my father taught me. The winds whistled with my melody and all I could do was enjoy with the audience and passerby. Concluding with the song, I ruffled the young girl's hair before bowing with her. "That was quite the performance, (Y/N)." A voice spoke. I knew who it belonged to. I was so lost in the music; I didn't even notice Sinbad standing there with his citizens.

"S-Sinbad!" I stuttered, before approaching him. A smirk was still stationed on his expression, "I lost track of time, didn't I?" I asked quietly, as the King let out a soft chuckle before placing his broad hand on my shoulder. He was wearing a 'disguise.' He looked the same, except with normal clothing on. Most of the citizens seemed to not recognize him all too much. 'Strange...'

"It's alright. Sure, I was a little hurt that you didn't show up, but I'm glad you managed to enjoy yourself for a brief while." Returning the expression, he continued to speak, "I knew you were talented with instruments, but I had no idea how much of a gift you held." As quickly as he said those words, my face immediately became stark red. Turning away, I attempted to calm my face down in any way I could; However, it wasn't working. I remained flustered. 'Calm down!' I told myself, over and over again, until there was a large rumble. It sent me off balance for the moment before Sinbad caught me. "Are you alright, (Y/N)?" He asked, as I nodded softly. Moving my eyes toward the port, a large sea dragon towered over the land of Sindria. Gripping my flute, Sinbad suddenly squeezed my hand in reassurance. Looking around at the crowd, I noticed smiling faces all over. 'What's going on?' Suddenly, two small figures practically flew through the air and toward the dragon like monster. Then, right before my eyes, the creature died.

"That's the Generals for you!" One bystander stated happily, as cheering erupted through the empty space. Roars of celebration and congratulations floated around, as I stood there completely dumbfounded. What was I supposed to think? 'Sea dragons? Seriously?!' I thought, feeling relieved that the monster was done for; However, I was still frazzled.

"Let's go back to the palace, yeah?" Sinbad queried, bringing me back down to earth. "Huh? What's wrong? You're not looking to hot."

"I'm fine... I just... wasn't expecting that." I whispered, starting to walk back to my temporary home. Sinbad followed pretty close behind. From out of nowhere, Ja'far came toward us with great vigor in his steps.

"There you are! I have been looking for you everywhere!!" Immediately after saying that, Ja'far rushed past me and put his King into a headlock. 'Self-reminder. Never get on Ja'far's bad side...' After a moment, Ja'far noticed my presence, "Oh, you were with the Princess, I see." He released his suffocating King, before strutting over to me, "Sorry you had to see that (Y/N). But you know what he's like." As I chuckled out of fear, he pulled out a letter from his sleeve, "It's actually perfect timing. Your sister sent a notice this morning that you are to return home tomorrow upon daybreak. You and Sinbad will sign the papers before you go, so the trade deal is complete. But... it's fortuities that the Sea Dragon attacked today."

...

And just like that, a festival was put together in less than a couple of hours. I had revised the final notices with Sinbad, before sending the papers out with Ja'far. Yamraiha and Pisti practically dragged me into one of their rooms to dress me and themselves. It was a revealing dress, that almost felt like I was wearing nothing. As Yamraiha placed exotic flowers in my hair, I was trying to think of what to say. The main ones she placed in the strands were orange blossoms. "W-Why do I have to w-w-wear this?" I queried, with a large blush overshadowing my features.

"Because your dancing, dummy!" Pisti answered, making a small frown appear on my features. "Here is your mask!" Covering my face immediately, I trembled in the corner like a coward. Yamraiha started to place her own flowers in her blue hair.

"Don'tworry, Princess (Y/N). I'll be dancing with you if that gives you any comfort...I don't know how Pisti talked me into it, but here we are." Once we were bothready and had our masks on, we went out to see a lot of young women. 'This isgoing to be a long night...'