The Sixth Voyage

"Finally, time to get out of those stuffy clothes. Placing my outfit back in the dresser. I grabbed a loose peasant blouse, some leather pants, a loose red corset. After I was dressed, I put on my boots and placed my tiara back on the vanity. My hair was messy and scraggly, but I didn't mind. Sitting down at my desk, I pondered about doing paperwork. I played my flute for a little bit, before working on reports and proposals. A day or so passed, as we sailed on the high sea. Each morning, I would wake up to greet the crew. They barely complained, but when they did, I made sure it was taken care of. After everyone had breakfast, I would help in whatever way I could. At lunch, the crew would eat some bread and butter before getting back to work. As for myself, I would either continue helping, have a meeting with my generals, or would play my flute or violin. At supper, I would eat with the sailors and my generals, before getting reports done and going to bed. Nothing had changed until the tenth day.

"Princess, you... might want to see this. We have a rather... bizarre situation on our hands." One of the sailors reported. 'Bizarre situation? What could he possibly mean by that?' I wondered, getting up from my desk to follow the sailor. He lead me down to the cellar. It was dark and the only thing illuminating the way was the lanterns in our hands. He stopped when he reached a covered barrel. It looked like any other barrel. It was made of wood and seemed to store wine or pickled pears. I inspected the casket before looking at him confused. "Look inside." Slowly placing my hands at the sides of the lid, I lifted the cover to see something truly strange. There was a man with long blond hair and green, bard attire. He looked up at me with his blue eyes before I placed the lid back on the barrel. I pinched myself, before opening it again. He was still there.

An awkward silence hung around the room. The man straightened himself as he awkwardly came out of the barrel. I wanted to say something. Anything! However, I was speechless. 'Why was this guy in barrel of pickled fruit on my ship? Who is he?' I asked myself mentally not knowing the answer. I decided to ask for myself, "Um... who are you?" The male glanced at me before smiling.

"I'm Yunan, the traveler." He replied, "I was passing through Balbadd when I saw somewhere wonderful to sleep. That barrel to be exact. I decided to take a quick nap, but then I realized I was on a ship. Sorry for eating your pickled fruits by the way." The barrel was filled with what could only be scraps.

"Why don't you come with me, Yunan. I think it would be best if we went somewhere where I can see you better. You are excused sailor. Thank you for informing me about the situation." With that the two of us went above deck, and into the sunlight. Sailors were hard at work as I lead him to my office.

"Hey (Y/N)! You have a minute?" A sailor asked, walking toward the both of us. I nodded eagerly, awaiting whatever he had to say, "I was wondering if we could rest and restock in Tatali. My grandmother lives there, you see, and me and my brothers want to visit her to make sure she's okay." I thought about it for a moment, before nodding once again.

"I don't see why not. I heard that Tatali is very beautiful this time of year. And I wouldn't want you and your brothers to worry about Grandma Hagia, so let's do it. Besides, we got ourselves an unexpected guest in our hands." We both looked back at the traveler. He was looking at us with a small sparkle in his eyes. "I'll change our course for Tatali." The sailor thanked me, before walking off back to position. Once in my office, I sat down in the chair and let Yunan sit in the once across from me, "So, you are a traveler who accidently found himself on the ship, right?" He nodded. There was an awkward silence. I wanted to say so many things. I wanted to be formal, but a louder voice told me to ramble like an idiot. And like an idiot, I rambled, "So where are you from? Are you from the north? What's it like up there? What is the most bizarre thing you have seen? Why are you a traveler?" I then caught myself when it was too late, "Sorry, I do that sometimes."