The Tenth Voyage

Two weeks passed before I arrived in Sindria. The entire time, I helped the sailors as much as I could, without being a hindrance. Upon arrival, I looked upon the walls of Sindria; However, beyond the walls, I saw a great palace made up of beautiful turquoise and white. A small gasp escaped my lips as I gazed upon the viewable town. Unlike Feanel, Sindria appeared to be heavily populated. I wouldn't figure out till later that the other half was designated farmland. Once at the harbor, my eyes darted around at the people, building structures, and all the merchant stalls that lined the perimeter. From up close, I could tell Sindria was prosperous and well-off on the terms of trade.

"We have arrived, Princess (Y/N)." Amadio, the man I rescued in the dungeon informed. He had become my most trusted friend and comrade. Back in Feanel, he cared for his sister as he worked as a sailor. He lived comfortably and with great joy. He decided to escort me to Sindria; However, he, along with the rest of the crew couldn't stay.

"Thank you for joining me on this journey, Amadio. I really appreciate it." I thanked, as he nodded with a smile on his features. As the sailors unloaded the contents on the ship, I decided to explore the area. I had asked to help but they told me to relax while they did their job. With every step I took, I recalled the few memories I had of Sinbad. I knew what he was, but I wasn't sure about what type of person Sinbad had become. The last time I saw the sailor was at the dinner in Janah thirteen years ago. Of course, I heard about him here and there. After all, he was a household name; However, all contact with him was non-existent. 'I wonder how much he has changed... how much he has grown...' Without knowing it, sweat started to form from my body at a rapid rate. 'Man,' I thought, 'how does Kara wear such big dresses all the time.' At that moment, I came across a quaint boutique that sold dresses, shoes, and feathered hats. So badly did I want to run into the store and change into the most comfortable clothes they had, but I had a diplomatic duty to attend to. As I looked through the window to gaze upon the plain, yet well designed dresses, Amadio walked up to my figure and informed me that the luggage was being delivered to the Sindrian Palace. "You should probably make your way there as soon as possible... Are you alright?" I was shaking from anxiety.

"Yeah... I just haven't done this in so long, that I'm kind of nervous. Does my dress look fine? Is my hair straight? Do I look weird in any way?!" I asked frantically. I had little to no clue how serious I had to be. After all, Sinbad was regarded as a plethora of things. A sailor who bravely sailed the seven seas. A conqueror of mass fortune. And a man no one dared to mess with. A small part of me wondered why I was here. 'Couldn't Kara just do this task on her own?!' I thought, before Amadio brought me out of it.

"You look fine, (Y/N). Beautiful even! You just need to calm your nerves. Hero or not, you are still like a scared rabbit." I sent a pout Amadio's way, as he chuckled at his comparison. Saying goodbye to him, I started to walk up the great set of stairs toward the palace. As I walked up the stairs, two men stood. One had deep crimson hair and appeared to be rather modest. His eyes were gazed downward as he gripped his spear tightly. The other man was strangely familiar. He was meek looking; However, a serious expression hung on his face. Bleach blond hair peeked out from his headdress. His robes suggested that he was a government official. A high one at that.

"Welcome Princess (Y/N). We have been waiting for your arrival with great eagerness. You may not remember me, but I once visited you back in Janah all those years ago." The government official stated, as he slightly bowed out of respect. I raked my brain for an answer.

"Ja'far?!" He nodded kindly as I tried to remain professional, "You... have grown so much. The last time I saw you, you were covered head to toe with bandages. I'm glad to see you in a happier state."

"I thank you for your kind words, Princess (Y/N). Shall we go see our King?" Ja'far asked before I nodded in affirmation and walked into the palace with him, and the red headed stranger. As Ja'far lead the way, I strode next to the stranger. Feeling awkward walking beside him, I decided to speak.