+・𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

deaf!tobio au;

tobio violently shook kei in effort to wake him up. it was today, after all the appointments and sleepless nights, tobio would finally be able to use hearing aids.

kei shot up from his spot in bed.

"what? what happened? what's wrong?"

tobio snapped his fingers in front of kei, half offended that he even tried to talk. after gaining kei's focus he began to sign.

'MY HEARING AIDS, THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE SOON'

kei nodded, half asleep yet containing excitement of his own.

pulling him out of bed by the arm, tobio practically ran down the stairs. waving his arms at the bottom, waiting for kei to make it to the end. the smile tobio wore couldn't help but make kei laugh.

'i'm going to go get the mail, give me a minute alright?'

tobio hurriedly signed back an ok, pushing kei out the door with force.

                - ✿ -

kei signed faster than he ever had before

'ARE THEY IN?'

tobio nodded eagerly, he wanted nothing more than to hear kei's voice.

"tobio?"

his voice strained but still audible, tobio answered back.

"say, again!"

"tobio."

"again!"

"tobio, tobio, tobio!"

tears ran down his face, he heard him. his voice was as beautiful as he imagined, he craved the sound.

"are you ok?! does anything hurt?"

kei's hand rushed to his cheek, waiting for a response.

"nothing, hurts.."

"are you sure?"

"say, it again, please?"

"are you sure?"

"not that."

his throat hurt but he needed to hear the three words he'd been so desperate to do more with than see.

"tobio, what is it?"

"i lov, love"

"i love you, i love you tobio, so so much."

tobio looked up, smile plastered on his face. kei let out a breathe he didn't know he was holding.

"i, love you. too."

__________
this one makes me smile <3
credits, to my friend aspen for the idea that sparked this oneshot