+・𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"are you alright?"

kei rolled down his sleeves quickly, turning back around to see tobio standing in a confused state.

"im alright, you're home early, wanna eat something?"

"no, what's wrong?"

"nothing's wrong."

"show me what happened."

tobio stepped closer to kei, and kei stepped back once, admitting defeat.

"i'm telling you tobio, it really was nothing.."

kei's sleeve rolled up to reveal small spots scattered lightly across his arm.

"oh kei.."

tobio hugged kei, whispering that it was all okay as kei hugged back.

                              - ✿ -

it wasn't that kei didn't take care of his skin, in fact he was quite persistent about keeping it clean; and for years he'd hoped the strawberry skin that he called his own would one day clear up. yet again and again the small painless spots scattered, invading the clearness he loved to see.

it wasn't severe, he knew some had it worse, perhaps on their face, maybe their legs, but to kei any of it was terrible. even a few small ones on his arm, it was all so much to him. glowing like place markers, illuminating their existence as if known they weren't welcome.

it had become an everlasting cycle, cleanse, clear, appear, repeat.

                               - ✿ -

"follow me."

tobio's voice was soft yet firm, kei followed what his words instructed and was led to their shared bed.

"wait here, it'll only take a minute."

once again following tobio's instructions, kei waited. as tobio walked back into their bedroom, kei noticed the pen tobio was holding. looking back at him with curiosity, the raven haired boy only smiled.

"permission to roll up your sleeve?"

"granted?"

tobio laughed at kei's confusion while clicking the pen and beginning to draw simple lines.

"what are you doing, that'll only make it worse.."

there was no force in kei's voice for once, now only laced with more curiosity and concern.

"well, even if it does get worse, it's not ugly. nor distasteful. or unattractive. it's just you."

"but they're-"

tobio looked up and shook his head disapprovingly, causing kei to quiet down once more.

"alright just one more, and i'll be done.."

tobio's voice chimed in and out as his face changed due to the concentration he was putting into the unknown task. resisting the urge to peek at what tobio was doing, kei only nodded hesitantly.

"there, all done!"

tobio rolled down kei's sleeve and escorted him in front of the mirror.

"ready?"

"as i'll ever be.."

"3.. 2.. 1.. TA-DA!!"

kei looked deep into the mirror, studying the art piece that layed on his skin.

"flowers..?"

"and hearts, and small people, and yeah more flowers."

"tobio, i-"

kei's hand went over his mouth as he turned to tobio, walking over to him and engulfing him into a hug.

"you're so, just, you're so weird."

kei couldn't contain his laughter any longer, and began to lean his weight onto tobio in the midst of trying to catch his breathe.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WEIRD?!"

tobio pushed kei back up as best as he could while attempting to make his voice louder than his lovers laughing.

"it's, it's just that, you're such a dork."

"that makes no sense kei."

"thank you though, they're pretty aren't they?"

"yeah, they suit you."

so even if kei's skin never permanently cleared, those once painless spots that sent waves of unwanted emotion throughout his mind now resembled buds of flowers, a garden of his own.

__________
strawberry skin sucks, i would know