+・𝐲𝐞𝐬

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"only sixteen more minutes until— kei?"

the blonde sat still, dazed expression taking over his face, masking the nervousness he felt.

"yes? did something happen?"

"no, but you're being weird."

"am not."

"are too."

as the banter continued, the time slowly ticked by; the quiet countdown music emitting from the computer.

"isn't this exciting?!"

"we do this every year love."

"still!"

kei smiled fondly, he wished on every star for the past week that he'd receive a yes.

                                 - ✿ -

tobio whispered the numbers counting down from sixteen quietly, his grip on kei's hand loosening and strengthening with every breathe.

"tobio, i-"

"kei?"

"tobio, i'm not going to be able to give you a romantic speech but i know i love you so would you do me the honors of loving me back for the rest of my life?"

the boy in question watched as his lovers cheeks flushed a light red, the shade deepening every second.

"i, me? you're, yes. yes, kei i— of course i'll marry you!"

tobio's words slurred into a jumble of repeated i love you's and laughs, kei smiling as he put the ring on tobio's finger.

"we're engaged, we're gonna get married!"

"yes love, that we are."

the older of the two watched as his lover spoke of their engagement, stars in his eyes; forgetting about the countdown.

"three, two..; tobio c'mere."

"yes kei-"

"happy new years."

slowly falling into the kiss he was pulled into, tobio wrapped his arms around kei's neck, kei smiling as he felt tobio reciprocate.

"happy new years kei."

__________
happy new years!!
this oneshot was supposed to be a proposal but it's kinda bad so i'll rewrite one later