+・𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

is this what being in love is? tobio, 7 years old at the time had suddenly thought up such a question whilst listening to his parents fighting once more. was this really what it meant to be in love?

                                        - ✿ -

"stop daddy! no kissing mommy outside of home!!"

tobio couldn't help but stare at the way his classmate's parents smiled at one another, hand in hand as they walked. were they in love too? he didn't quite understand why they were so weird but something told him it was a moment he'd rather not forget he saw.

                                           -

"mom?"

peeking around the corner, he glanced at her desk. watching her fingers come to a stop as she turned to acknowledge his presence.

"what is it?"

"are you in love with papa?"

"don't you have homework to complete?"

"yes but—"

"i'd like you to go complete it."

"right away.."

but they looked so in love in the photos tobio saw, papa's hand around her waist and her smile that looked as if she'd never want to leave that moment.

                                        - ✿ -

wide eyed and shocked, he watched as his boyfriend's parents danced to quiet music. the moonlight hitting them just right, causing the dance to look ethereal.

running back upstairs, he shook kei a bit.

"wake up!"

his whispers grew softer as kei stirred awake.

"what is it?"

immediately frowning at the exhausted tone of voice, tobio layed down next to him.

"it was nothing, sorry for waking you.."

"tobio?"

shifting, the blonde wrapped himself around his lover.

"tobio, what was it?"

"nothing.. really it can wait."

"i know you wanna say it now, so please tell me what's wrong.."

sighing in his own defeat, tobio sat up.

"are you in love with me?"

"of course i am. why wouldn't i be?"

"because i don't know what being in love looks like."

embracing tobio, he quietly ran his fingers through the short hair on his head.

"what do you mean by that?"

"is being in love supposed to looks like fighting and fake apologies or is it more like dancing to soft music and kissing outside of your home? i don't know what it's supposed to look like and so i can't—"

cutting tobio off with a kiss, kei smiled down as his boyfriend.

"i'm not sure how to show you what being in love looks like but i can always show you how it feels.. how i feel."

"i'm in love with you tobio."

watching kei fall back asleep he let out tears he'd been unknowingly holding back.

"i think, i think i'm in love with you too.."

what a strange feeling to be in love.

__________
men ain't shit and women are hot, i have a very specific standard for men and nobody reaches it at this point <3