+・𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐞

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

"can't i go home?!"

kei only got more frustrated as tobio tried to reason with him.

"you know it's not recommended that you leave the hospital.."

"im going to die soon anyways so why does it matter whats recommended?!"

tobio's eyes once again filled with tears, he knew the blonde was right.

"i'll see what i can do kei, rest well."

the dark haired boy pulled the curtains around kei, silently leaving the room and venturing to the doctors office.

                               - ✿ -

"the doctor said two days, but what if those days are the days he needs to be here, in the hospital most?"

tobio's soft cries echoed in the quiet hallway as akiteru thought of an appropriate response.

"tobio, you're exhausted, go home and rest for the night. do something for yourself. i'll watch over kei just for tonight. you've done more for him than our family deserves."

before tobio could respond, akiteru had already walked into kei's room; leaving him alone in the moonlit hallway.

kei would be coming home tomorrow.

                                - ✿ -

"this isn't funny!"

tobio's voice bounced off the walls, his throat sore from begging for the words told to him to be untrue.

"listen to me! the doctors confirmed it."

"kei is gone."

akiterus head dropped onto tobio's shoulder crying.

"tobio do you understand what i just said?"

"yes."

the usually calm male pushed akiteru away, the unexplainable expression on his face softening.

"i'll be going home, i'll call regarding funeral arrangements soon.. there were things kei had requested."

"tobio! don't you wanna see kei one last time?"

"i saw him, the other day, we talked."

"please.."

tobio turned away, walking steadily to his car. everything went by so fast, there wasn't enough time.

                               - ✿ -

"hello?"

the phone when silent for a minute before a familiar voice answered.

"happy birthday tobio!"

"is it really already my birthday?"

"how could you forget your birthday?!"

"lost track of time dumbass."

"yeah ok sure, anyways, how are you."

"i'm alright."

"no really, how are you."

tobio tensed, he knew what shoyo's question really meant.

"i'm completely fine, there isn't anything to not be okay about."

"dammit tobio you didn't cry at the hospital, or the funeral, or when we came to your house after the funeral."

"there isn't anything to cry about."