Chapter 34

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "If the son of Adam has two valleys of money, he would wish for a third, for nothing can fill the belly of Adam's son except dust."

Sahih al-Bukhari 6436

***********************

It was Monday morning and Fadimatuu was sleeping peacefully when the continuous ringing of her phone woke her up.

"Hello" She groggily said after answering the call.

"Don't tell me you're still sleeping, did you forget you've work today?" Aamna squeaked on the other end of the call making Fadimatuu flummoxed.

She quickly looked at the time on her phone and when she saw it's 9:15am, shocked was an understatement of what she felt. She was supposed to be at work before 9:00am. She can't believe she slept that much after offering Fajr prayer.

"I overslept" Fadimatuu mumbled sitting down.

"Okay hurry up and come to work, the boss is angry" Aamna muttered.

"Thank you I'll come in a jiffy" Fadimatuu murmured hanging up the phone.

She quickly leave her bed and rushed towards her en-suite bathroom to take a shower.

She took the most quickest shower ever. After some minutes she came out and quickly got dressed.

She didn't even take breakfast today as she was already late.

***

By 10:05am she arrived at the building, she hastily get out of her car and rushed inside the building.

She briefly greeted the receptionists and some of her colleagues, because in these days that passed they have gotten along.

She gets into the lift, and immediately it's on the 8th floor she gets out of the lift.

She went to their office first before going to Khaleel's.

"Finally you're here" Aamna sighed in relief immediately Fadimatuu came inside their office.

"I literally rushed here" Fadimatuu panted slowly sitting down.

"The boss is angry today, he fired three people!" Aamna told Fadimatuu making her shocked.

"What?" Fadimatuu exclaimed.

"Yes you better go to his office since he had been waiting for you" Aamna uttered.

"Okay" Fadimatuu stand up and heads towards Khaleel's office.

She gently knock on his door, and when she heard a "come in" from him she went inside.

"Good morning" She greeted him looking at him, as he was dressed in a black suit signing through a file. And truth be told Aamna was right when she said he was angry because she saw the scowl on his face.

"Why are you just coming now?" He asked her not replying her greetings. He was upset when he woke up in the morning and didn't find her.

"I overslept" She truthfully told him.

"That's not a good reason" He muttered.

"I'm sorry" She apologized.

"Tell me the time now?" He asked.

She looked at her wrist watch."10:30am" She mumbled.

"That means you're late by one and a half hour, so that means when work close today you're working overtime" He spoked making her perplexed.

"Please don't make me work overtime" She begged.

"No" He uttered.

"if you had woke me up from sleep before going to work I'll be here on time" She complained. He should have woke her up before going to the office but no he left her sleep.