Chapter 4

The Prophet Muhammad SAW said: "Never a believer is stricken with a discomfort, an illness, an anxiety, a grief or mental worry or even the pricking of a thorn, but Allah will expiate his since on account of his patience"

Al-bukhari and muslim, riyad as-salihin 37.

*******************

FIVE MONTHS LATER

Today had being exactly 1 month and a half since Fadimatuu graduated from high school.

Their exams results came out and Alhamdulillah she passed her exams very well.

She got 9 distinctions in both WAEC and NECO, and got 300 in JAMB.

She was the best student in their set.

The Government gave her scholarship to study in Bayero University Kano also known as BUK.

Aaminah passed her exams too.

Fadimatuu and Aaminah both applied Software Engineering to study in Bayero University Kano.

She remembered the day when they finished their final exams.

Bala came to her and seek for her forgiveness.

He even shed a few tears, knowing what he had been doing to her and other girls in the school.

She forgave him and even advice him to change his ways which he told her he had started changing.

And they said their goodbyes and separate in peace.

And Bala was happy that she forgave him for all the bad things he did to her.

*****

Abba fulfilled the promise he made to Fadimatuu about going to Ummi's house to spent the holiday there.

Now Fadimatuu was waiting for Abba to return from Market to take her there.

She even packed her clothes since yesterday because she was too eager for tomorrow to come.

She was feeling elated because she's going to her Ummi's place.

And she would be away from Ammi for a while.

Ammi didn't want Fadimatuu to be away, she even tried to persuade Abba into not letting her go to Ummi's house but he didn't paid heed to her.

He said his daughter's happiness means the world to him, and he was sure if she went there she would be very happy.

There is nothing Ammi can do about it, so she let it be.

She knows she'll miss Fadimatuu a lot not for anything else but for the chores and cooking that she's had being doing, and even beating her if she made mistake.

This woman is mischievous.

***

"You should washed the clothes very well, I don't want to see any stain on it" Ammi ordered Fadimatuu.