Chapter 65

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "The merciful are shown mercy by Ar-Rahman. Be merciful on the earth, and you will be shown mercy from Who is above the heavens.

Tirmidhi (1924)

****************************

It's been one month exactly since the news of Fadimauu's pregnancy, and Khaleel has been nothing but caring towards her, he's taking care of her more than before. As she says he's treating her like an egg.

Khaleel even forbade her from going to work, as he don't want her to stress herself. And it also remain a few weeks before she finished her NYSC.

Fadimatuu told him that she was pregnant, not sick, and she doesn't know what was wrong with Khaleel, that he won't even let her go to work.

Yes, she knows she's having morning sickness but still it shouldn't let her from going to work.

But whatever she has to obey him since he's her husband.

Fadimatuu is very happy now, that Aaliyah is out of their lives, she prayed she never cause another trouble for them again.

She remembered they told their parents about what Aaliyah has been doing in trying to break their marriage.

Aunty Fatimah, Aaliyah's mother was ashamed of Aaliyah's behaviour towards them, and she apologized for what Aaliyah has done to them. But they told her it was not her fault but Aaliyah's. The punishment Aaliyah's parents has given to her was that they send her to the village to reform her behaviours. They said she can spend many years there if it would make her good again, they prayed she would change her behaviours.

And Adeel has returned to Dubai since last month, as he says he doesn't have anything to do here since Fadimatuu is married and he wants her to continue being happy in her marriage. Adeel said goodbye to her as he walks out of her life again, this time he won't know if they would ever meet again. Fadimatuu prayed that he would find some girl that would make him happy and get married to her.

***

"Wifey Mama said we should video call her as she wants to see you" Khaleel informed Fadimatuu coming into her room.

"Okay," Fadimatuu said smiling, and Khaleel sit beside her on the bed calling Mama.

"Assalamu alaikum," Fadimatuu and Khaleel said immediately Mama's face come into view.

"Waalaikumussalam my babies, oh I forgot you're no more my babies as the little one is coming soon," Mama said smiling.

"Here I thought I'm your baby boy?" Khaleel said feigning hurt.

"Not anymore," Mama smiled.

"Fadimatuu how are you doing? I hope Khaleel is taking care of you? You're not doing any work right? Just bedrest? I don't want you to tire yourself?" Mama said bombarding Fadimatuu with questions, making Fadimatuu smile as since when Mama found out about the pregnancy she was more caring towards her, calling her every day, to see if she was fine and if anything is bothering her.

"Mama I'm fine and everything is fine don't worry yourself," Fadimatuu said smiling.

Mama sighed in relief. "I told you guys should come back so that I would be taking care of you myself but this stubborn son of mine won't agree," Mama complained.

"Mama you know I'm working here, why would I come back to Kano. And don't worry I'm taking care of my wife" Khaleel replied.

"Fine since you say but you're going to come back when she's five months pregnant," Mama said, and Fadimatuu was blessed to have a mother-in-law like Mama, who always treated her like she's her own daughter.