Chapter 45

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: "Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales"

Sahih al-Bukhari 6064

**************************

The evening sun cast long shadows on the ground. The slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. The sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun.

She had always loved the sunset when she watched it, she felt a calmness wash over her, but today was an exception.

Why? Because her husband was still unconscious without any sign of him waking up soon.

Now the beauty of the sunset was replaced by blackness because that's her life now, as he's not here with her.

She has talked and talked to him and told him different stories. She even used to tell him how her day went but still, he's not waking up.

But no matter what she would not give up on him waking up, she would continue trying her best to make sure he woke up soon.

She would continue talking to him, because the doctor said that people in a coma can hear what the other person was saying, and it could increase the chance of him waking up.

"Fatimah" Fadimatuu heard a name called her and when she looked up she saw Sadeeq, Khaleel's cousin.

"Yes," Fadimatuu answered.

"Can I sit with you?" Sadeeq asked her and she nod.

She was sitting on a chair in the hospital garden.

"How are you?" Sadeeq asked her after sitting beside her.

"I'm fine" She replied.

"But you don't look like you're fine" He stated.

"Then why do you ask" She rolled her eyes.

She still doesn't like him because Khaleel also doesn't like him. But he had been behaving nicely to her since when Khaleel was involved in the accident. He had visited Khaleel many times in the hospital.

"Calm down tigress, I'm just concerned about you. I know you hadn't been yourself since Khaleel's accident. But one thing I should tell you, you shouldn't punish yourself because of that. Even Khaleel won't like seeing you like this. You've lost so much weight. Are you even eating?" Sadeeq uttered.

"When did you become this responsible even though I don't know you for long?" She asked making him chuckle.

"In all I just said, you're just going to ask me when I become responsible?" He asked shaking his head.

"Yes, it doesn't suit you acting like a responsible man" She replied.

"Ouch, but I'm always a responsible person, it's your husband that hasn't noticed that," Sadeeq said making Fadimatuu scoff.

"You wish" She uttered.

"Fadimatuu you're here I've been looking for you," Zaynab said coming to where Fadimatuu and Sadeeq were sitting.

"Yes I'm here, I came to watch the sunset" Fadimatuu smiled.

"Okay. Uncle Muhammad is here" Zaynab informed her making Fadimatuu break into a wide smile.

"Abba is here," She said happily standing up.

"Yes. And he's with that stepmother of yours" Zaynab said making Fadimatuu to chuckled.

"Don't worry about her let's go?" Fadimatuu said holding Zaynab's hands and heading inside the hospital.

"Fatimah so you've forgotten about me sitting here?" Sadeeq asked amused, making her turn around.