Chapter 4

TW: Sexual Abuse - (short and implicit scene)

_____________________________

Amari was waiting outside my house as I banged the screen door closed and picked my skateboard up from the garage. I was a little late today because I couldn't find my earphones and a day without Arctic Monkeys drowning out the sounds of Calculus was a day wasted.

"Dylan James is having a party tomorrow night, you down?" I dodged Amari's long arms as they tried to ruffle my hair.

I shrugged and smiled sarcastically up at him, "don't you have B-ball Saturday morning?"

"I ain't drinking." Amari rolled his eyes.

"Where's Jaz?" I looked down the street to see if she was coming.

"She's at school already, Ko...she's got dance recitals every Thursday morning."

"Damn." I said before sliding onto my skateboard and flipping onto the footpath.

"You look tired." Amari scanned his eyes over my outfit, "you up again last night?"

I shrugged and lied, "nah, just couldn't sleep."

Amari eyed me like he didn't believe me, "whatever, idiot."

"No, actually my dad's a doctor, you're the idiot."

"Shut up, dickhead."

We continued bickering until we reached school.

"Dude, what's Fischer doing at your locker?" Amari asked in confusion when we walked into the hall.
"What do you mean –

Greed was leaning against my locker. His grey hoodie obscured his face, but I could see his jaw clenching in anger as he played with my earphones that dangled from his fingers. My earphones!

"Greed, what are you..." I trailed off as I took in his face.

The bruises had started to fade and in place of the old cuts and scrapes was a fresh, dark, purple bruise the size of a fist on his cheek. His violet eyes were hard and sharp and I felt like I was choking when he glowered down at me.

Violent Angel.

Amari touched my shoulder and said he had to get to class, he looked like he didn't want to leave but I nodded at him reassurance.

"Who did that?" I asked, knowing what answer I would get.

"No one, Bambi," Greed sighed before jerking his head, "let's go."

"Go?" I frowned, "it's school, Greed –

"I won't repeat myself, Iniko."

I swallowed and berated myself for being turned on.

"No, loser! I'm not going anywhere with you –

Greed slammed me up against the lockers and it took me a few seconds longer than normal to recover from the pain that bruised down my back. I held my breath as he leaned in close, violet eyes ablaze with fury. "Now, Oreo."

I'm not gay. I'm not gay. I'm not gay.

I fumed from behind him, "I'm supposed to be the only person you have left! You don't go slamming that person against lockers, do you? No, you supernatural wraith, you don't."

"Pirahna." Violet eyes flashed dangerously and I swallowed nervously. Damn him for being so fucking terrifying.

"Where are we going anyway?" I grumbled as I climbed into the passenger seat of his car and chucked my skateboard in the backseat.