Chapter 9

TW: REFERENCES TO SELF HARM

___________________________

When I woke up, I was tucked against Greed's chest. His arm was slung around my neck and my leg was trapped in between his. I was warm and the blanket was wrapped around my back and across Greed's hips. His shirt was gone and his pale skin was decorated with strong muscles that made my heart skip a beat.

Greed's chest was dressed with scars of all kind and my chest felt tight when I saw the string of scars starting at the top of his hip that I knew would continue down his thigh. I bit my lip as I raised my hand and traced a large scar resting over his heart. His skin was warm and the scar was slightly raised compared to his normal skin. Had Greed tried to kill himself before?

"Sunlight," Greed rasped and I jolted in surprise, my hand retracted faster than I could blink and I glanced up at him with a small blush. He stared down at me softly before his violet eyes scoured my face and they darkened, "your bruises..."

Greed reached a hand out and despite my attempts to swat him away, he gently stroked the inflamed skin whilst clenching his jaw tightly. "I told you to never go there again, Cheesecake."

"I know..." I murmured, "it was stupid, okay?"

Greed sighed, "how are you feeling, Moonbeam?"

"...Alright, I guess." I mumbled before gesturing between us, "fuck, Greed...whatever this is...it needs to stop."

Greed snapped his head to look down at me with fury burning in his violet eyes, "oh yeah?"

"Y-yeah..." I avoided his eyes.

"Why?" Greed demanded.

I looked up at him, "b-because...because you're stupid!"

"I'm stupid...?" Greed asked mockingly and he had no problems pinning me underneath him.

"Get off of me!" I pressed my hands against his chest and tried to shove him away but it did nothing. "It's not fair for me!"

"Why is it not fair, Mittens?" Greed tilted his head, "because if you say that you know what you're saying, right? You're saying that you have feelings for –

"I don't have feelings for you, dumbass phantom!" I yelled and glowered up at him, "I don't and fuck you for thinking I do and calling me fucking mittens!"

"Then why is it not fair for you, Apple Pie?" Greed raised his eyebrow dangerously. He looked so formidable, looming above me, shirtless, with his muscles flexing as his eyes blazed with fury and darkness. Bruises tainting his pale skin as his deep morning voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Because you suck, Greed Fischer! Why the fuck do you think?" I rolled my eyes then glared up at him.

Greed sighed and matched my glare before his eyes flickered to the tattoo on his wrist, "Iniko, there may be a chance that I never get rid of this curse."

"And if you do?" I snapped, "then what? You won't be talking about kissing me when you're lying at the bottom of the fucking ocean!"

"What do you want me to do, Strawberry? I can't escape him," His violet eyes looked so haunted and I felt my heart break into multiple pieces that shattered to the ground, "you know that."

"Hey, Niko! What the fuck is taking you so...long?"
The door burst open with Amari behind it. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw us and his jaw dropped.

I scrambled out from underneath Greed and slipped on my Nike tracksuit pants. I ran a hand through my hair anxiously and struggled out, "h-hey, Amari..."