Chapter 7

Matthew was a tall, broad guy who sat with us when his group was bitching about him being too flamboyantly gay. He had dark brown hair and he was pretty cool but he was also too extroverted for our group.

"Matthew, I need your help..." I whispered to him across the table even though I knew Amari and Jaz were listening.

"What with?" Matthew whispered back as he spooned his ice cream into his mouth.

"Iniko wants to know if he's gay or not." Jaz butted in with a massive grin on her face.

"No!" I screeched, "shut up! You don't know anything, loser!"

Jaz raised an eyebrow and a small blush alighted on my cheeks, "sure, hun."

"Okay, so..." my voice went quieter, "how do I know if I'm...inclined or if someone is just, I don't know, messing with my head?"

Matthew raised an eyebrow, "do you feel sexually attracted to guys?"

"God dammit, Matthew!" I blushed darkly, "don't say that so loud!"

Jaz snorted whilst Amari rolled his eyes.

After Friday night, I hadn't been able to get Greed out of my head, which was stupid because Greed was supposed to remain a stranger and I wasn't supposed to get attached to a stupidly suicidal immortal phantom.

My weekend hadn't been busy. We had watched Amari's basketball game on Saturday, even though I had a slight hangover, before getting milkshakes at Molly's Diner. The rest of the weekend I had spent at home with my earphones in whilst avoiding watching Euphoria.

I had also decided that confusion was really annoying and that I had to do something to figure out whether Greed was a phase or if I was actually gay, which I wasn't. I also hadn't seen Greed since Friday night and I was nervous to ever see him again. I mean what did you say to someone that you made out with when you were tipsy despite firmly telling them whenever you got the chance that you were not gay? Hey, how was your weekend? Also, don't kiss me again because I'm straight.

I was not ready to see Greed again.

"I don't know...not really to other guys..." I murmured shyly as my blush darkened, "but there's I guess...this one person who I...um yeah..."

Matthew nodded, "you could be Pansexual? Maybe even bisexual? Do you find girls attractive?"

"Well...I mean...I did uh...before say this person..." I struggled out. Fuck, I couldn't even admit this shit to myself, let alone anyone else.

Matthew laughed, "are you in love, Iniko?"

I choked on my spit and Amari spat out his drink.

"Oh, fuck no!"

"You better not be in fucking love with who I think you're talking about!" Amari ranted as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Fuck you, Amari! I'm not in fucking love and fuck you for being mad if I was!" I growled, "dumb bitch, you don't know shit."
Amari rolled his eyes, "I'm serious, Iniko."

"And I'm serious too. I'm not in love, that's dumb." I shuddered.

"Iniko, I –

"C-can I kiss you?" I blurted out and it was Matthew's turn to choke on his spit, "but like as friends! Because I'm not gay! But I'm a little...bit confused and I would appreciate it if you could help me out in that way but like I understand if that's weird and you don't want to do that –

"Yeah, but like can we not kiss in front of the whole school cafeteria?" Matthew shrugged.

My jaw dropped, "you're gonna let me kiss you?"