Chapter 21

"Iniko! Goddammit!" Amari snapped as he grabbed me by the collar.

I smiled drunkenly at him. The music was loud – like it was in my chest. Matthew Fletcher passed me another beer as I stumbled against the counter.

"No! Don't fucking give him that!"

I frowned at Amari, in his crutches, his face slightly pale as his knee twisted painfully. What was he doing here? How did he get out of hospital?

"What are you doing here?" I slurred as I touched his face, "are you my...imagination...?"

"Inia told me to fucking pick you up because you're a fucking idiot!" He growled as he slapped my hands away, "and no! I'm not your fucking imagination, dumbass."

I closed my eyes slightly and leaned against him. My blood felt hot and my head was spinning. Why was I here again?

"Why the fuck has Greed called you like twenty fucking times?" Amari glared down at my phone and I felt my stomach drop at the mention of his name.

I wiped the taste of beer from my lips. I put a finger to Amari's lips, "shhh..."

Jaz stepped up from behind him and placed a gentle hand on his arm, "baby, we gotta get him home."

"I'm trying..." He said softly.

I felt tears well up in my eyes at the sight of them. I wiped them away angrily and reached for the beer that was on the counter.

"Hey, put that fucking down, you idiot!" Amari reached for me.

The liquid was warm on my tongue and I frowned as the beer spilt on Greed's shirt when Amari yanked it from me. I was wearing Greed's shirt?

"Are you crying, Niko?" Jaz frowned in concern at me.

"No!" I laughed back as the tears dribbled down my cheeks, "w-why would I be crying? W-why would I be crying...?"

"Fuck, Tyreece, can you help me?" Amari gestured to Tyreece. Who was Tyreece?

"Tyreece!" I smiled as a large man wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me out of the kitchen, "wait! I was having fun! I w-was...I was having fun! No!"

"Shut the fuck up, Iniko!" Amari snarled as his eyes blazed with anger, "I thought you went home with Greed?"

Greed? Greed? Greed? Greed?

Greed

Amari placed a gentle hand on my back as I threw up into the bush. My body felt faint and my hands shook as I tried to keep myself from falling into my own vomit. My head felt hot and tears blurred my vision. I panted harshly as Amari wiped my face with a bottle of water and my – Greed's shirt.

The water he gave me was cool on my throat and I slumped into the grass as Jaz held me up.

"C'mon, babe..." Jaz whispered gently to me, "it's time to go home."

"I-I can't..." I said brokenly.

"Jaz, can you call Greed?" He asked her quietly, "we can't pick him up."

Where did Tyreece go?

He passed her my phone and I watched as she held my phone in gentle hands and put it on speaker. It dialed loudly and I wondered how Greed knew I wasn't beside him.

"Iniko! Iniko, where the fuck are you?!"

"Greed? It's Amari and Jaz, we need your help..." Amari leaned on his crutches as he talked into the phone.