Chapter 16

Greed's chest was pressed tightly against my back and I felt every muscle flex as he breathed softly. His hand was wound around my waist and his rough fingertips brushing against my lower abdomen had me squirming slightly. I was tucked somewhat under his armpit, and his arm was above my head, his fingers splaying out before me on the pillow. Fuck...

I was warm and comfortable. The blankets were soft and Greed's proximity had my stomach doing backflips. On each exhale, his breath slightly ruffled the top of my head and I melted back into his arms.

Soft sunlight streamed in through the window of the boot and occasionally, I could hear the whistle of the wind as a car drove past on the highway.

"G-Greed..." I called out nervously.

"I'm awake, Tuna Pasta..." Greed rasped in my ear and I suppressed a shiver.

"Oh..." I murmured.

Then my phone rang obnoxiously loud. Greed groaned against my neck and his hand fell from my waist as I reached over into my backpack and grabbed my phone out.

My heart thumped in my chest when I realised it was my father calling.

"Uh...hey, Dad?" I answered nervously. I sat cross-legged and bit my lip whilst Greed remained with his muscular chest splayed out and his arm on my pillow.

His pale skin was littered with scars and his strong abs clenched tightly as he stretched. His violet eyes watched me lazily.

"Where the hell are you, Iniko?" My father growled.

I winced. My father didn't get angry very often but when he did...fuck! "Uh...I'm...I'm at Amari's house."

"Oh, that's funny, because I just called his mother." My father spat and my heart thundered in my chest.

"Dad..."

"Iniko..."

"I don't know where I am..." I murmured ashamedly, "Dad, I have to sort something out."

"What could you possibly need to sort out?" He snapped and exhaled loudly. His worry made me feel even more guilty, "are you with anyone?"

I didn't answer.

"...You're with Greed, aren't you?" His voice turned harsh.

"Uh...maybe..." I said sheepishly.

"Iniko." He said quietly, "you can say goodbye to your skateboard...in fact you can say goodbye to your earphones too and most of all, you can say goodbye to having any freedom whatsoever."

"Dad..." I groaned, "I'm coming home...I-I just need some time."

"Do whatever you want, Iniko...since you're so good at that."

I heard the click of the call being disconnected and swore, "fuck!"

Greed shifted slightly to place his hands behind his head. He raised an eyebrow at me as I glared darkly down at him. Fuck him for being so fucking gorgeous.
"If my skateboard gets taken off of me," I snapped and pointed a finger at him, "it's your fucking fault."

Greed's violet eyes hardened, "don't get an attitude with me, Sea Lion."

My glare intensified and I crossed my arms over my chest, "it's not a fucking attitude, Greed. I told you my dad was going to freak."

Greed sighed and closed his eyes, "shut up, Brat."

"Don't fucking call me a brat!" I hissed at him, "and don't go back to sleep, you asshole!"