My Cousin's Keeper

Gabby loves the idea of being a mother, raising a small child, and all the fun that comes with it. She even considered asking her girlfriend to try being her 'little' for a while and unlock her inner child. But that's not the kind of thing Ffrances would enjoy, so she had to put those plans on the back burner for now.

Gabby is overjoyed when her grandparents get in touch to ask if her cousin Tess can come to stay for the rest of the school year. She'll have a toddler in the house again, and if parenting turns out to be harder than she expected then it doesn't need to be a permanent thing. Of course, she realises soon enough that she was a teenager when she last had to babysit her cousin, and ten years have passed since then. But she's already looked up a lot of information about littles, and the right ways to encourage someone's inner child. If she can show that she's happy to play childish games, and moves slowly to more babyish stuff, she's sure that Tess will find her headspace in no time.

And of course, saying goodbye to her parents would be a big stress for anyone. It won't seem too strange if Tess starts wetting the bed again, and Gabby is prepared to offer all the sympathy and support she needs. She can help her to feel small, and also curate the sense of being cared for and nurtured that's so important to a healthy little's mind. There's nothing that could possibly go wrong.

꧁__꧂

This book and The Last New Start tell the same story from different perspectives. Both of them will be complete stories in their own right, but reading them together might give a little more depth. I will be writing these for NaNoWriMo 2021, which means that I will attempt to post at least one chapter of one of the stories every day in November; and if I can write faster than that, then any remaining chapters will be available to all my Patreon supporters (including the $1 tier) for this month.

If there's anything in particular you would like to see in this story, please leave me a comment.