Ten

"How was your day, honey?" you look at your mother and smile.

"Good" you reply, not adding more.

Well, you can't tell her that you joined a society that hunts downs vampires, now, can you?

"I have prepared your favorite dish, but first take a shower and dress in your pajamas"

You notice that Achilles is not around, yet you don't ask about his whereabouts.

However, Celeste sees your wandering eyes and smiles.

"Your father is at a meeting with the vampire king, so it will be just me and you today" the vampiress explains.

"I don't really care"

Celeste stops you before you walk away, and pulls you into a hug.

"I know what your father has done to you was unacceptable, but he is your father and he loves you"

Those made you frown, not understanding why your mother is defending him.

If a person loves you they won't endanger your life.

He didn't even apologize for what he has done.

"Achilles is never going to be my father, mom"

With that, you walk away, leaving behind a shocked Celeste.

᯾᯾༄᯾᯾

"How is Celeste doing?" The vampire king, Maximilian asks the first question after Achilles sits down.

"She is fine, she is having much fun with our daughter" the vampire general answers with a blunt tone.

The vampire queen, Crystal, clutches her fists tightly as she listens to her husband ask about his ex-lover.

"Good to know"

"I called you in today to discuss some arrangements" Achilles narrows his eyes.

"What arrangements?"

"My youngest son, Leonidas, gets married to your daughter when they come of age"

The dark-haired vampire clutches his fists.

"Aren't those arrangements a little too early, and we also agreed Leonidas can marry who he loves"

Crystal cuts in, not happy with the marriage arrangement.

"I'm sure that my son will-" Achilles stops him.

"With all due respect my king, but her Majesty is correct, Celeste also insists that our daughter marries who she loves"

Of course, this is a big lie, because he and Celeste already made up their mind about you never getting married.

Maximilian chuckles and leans back in his chair.

"Celeste has changed"

It is Achilles's turn to chuckle at him.

"Celeste was never into arranged marriages, I mean no offense, to your royal highness, but she married me in the end"