Twenty-one

You are in between your parents, as you watch the play unfold on the theater stage.

You are enjoying every part of it until a humiliating scene comes on stage.

The vampire with the crown is supposed to be playing the vampire king, and they brought slaves to play vampire hunters.

You tense up in your chair, as you watch everything with sad eyes.

The vampire king starts mocking the vampire hunters.

"We are not going to let you take over humanity"

"And what power do you have?"

"The power of rightfulness"

Suddenly, everyone in the theater laughs, and even the human children were forced to laugh.

But you sit there, with a frown on your face, starting to tear up.

"We will see if that power could help save you from your death, General Achilles kill him!"

An actor with the same appearance as Achilles comes up and pretends to cut off the other actor's head.

No, he killed the human slave in front of your eyes.

"I can hold a sword better than that idiot" Achilles spats out, not noticing your discomfort.                                 

Celeste turns her attention towards you to see tears falling down your face.

"What is wrong, sweetheart?" she inquires, gently grabbing one of your hands.

Hearing his wife's question, Achilles turns his attention towards you.

"I just want to leave" you declare with a shakey voice.

Achilles rolls his eyes at your words, leaning back in his chair.

Instead of comforting you, Achilles adds salt to the wound.

"What? can't bare to watch the fact that we took over humanity, too hard to swallow?"

"Achilles now is not the time" Celeste hisses, glaring at her husband.

The said vampire stares at you, and grins, his fangs showing slightly.

"Why not? (Y/n) should not be offended she will be a vampire once she comes of age" you sneer at him.

"Once I come of age, I will beat your old ass"

"(Y/n), that's not a polite way to speak to your father" Celeste scolds you, fearing that people might notice.

Loud animalistic roaring sounds echo through the theater, causing everyone to look around in confusion.

Suddenly, a huge weird-looking creature jumps on the main actor and rips his head off, then attacks the other actors which made everyone freak out including you and Celeste.

"Take (Y/n) and leave, I will take care" Achilles orders his wife, as his wings sprout out of his back.

Celeste obeys her husband, grabbing your wrist to take you with her out of this chaos.

The moment you two are out of the theater, you and Celeste get separated.

A man grabs you by the waist and drags you into the car, and another man stabs your mother with a silver dagger coated in Salt.

Oh no, vampires have a bad reaction to salt, it doesn't allow the vampires to heal quickly.

"Mom!" You scream for her as you watch her fall to the ground in pain.

The car drives away, while the man who grabbed you.

"Who are you? What do you want?" you demand.

"Don't worry, everything is alright, we won't hurt you, I came to save you" you look at the man worriedly.

"Saved me?" He smiles at you.

"Let me introduce myself probably, my name is Adam, the leader of the vampire hunter's society, and your-" you continue the sentence.

"You are my father"