Twenty

You look down at your plate of food, while nervously playing with your knuckles, deep in your thoughts.

"Honey, how was your day at school?" Celeste asks, noticing your unsettling behavior.

"Good, it was good" you reply, not even looking at her.

You can feel your adoptive father's sharp gaze on you, ready to pierce your soul if you dare glance at it.

Achilles knows that there is something up with you.

"Really? You seem quite uneasy, my dear"

Celeste looks between you and her husband, as she drinks from her glass slowly, anticipating tension.

"You make me feel uneasy in many ways when I'm around you" you reply, looking at him.

Indeed, that's the truth, however, Achilles is not always the reason for your uneasiness.

To be honest, deep down you like Achilles as your father, yes, he is a psycho, but still, he has found himself a place in your life.

It's fair to search for your biological father and be with him.

Or at least that's what the mentality of the books you read says.

But, you also want to stay with Achilles and Celeste.

Achilles promises you a lovely treatment without sternness if you obey him.

Celeste treats you like her own daughter, and you know that she will feel betrayed if you leave her.

There is an internal fight within you about what is right and what is wrong.

Yet, it is easier to just stay with Achilles and Celeste than to be on the run.

"You are conflicted about something" the vampire points out.

"Please stop interfering with my business, can't I think in peace?" You exclaim.

"Oh honey, your father doesn't mean to interfere with your business, we are just worried about you"

You turn to your mother, surprised that she is standing up to Achilles after what he has done with her lover.

"I'm good"

Achilles smirks, taunting you with his eyes and enjoying every second of it.

Many fathers enjoy teasing and annoying their children every once in a while.

"I bought three tickets to the theater, the show is tomorrow night" the vampire general announces.

Your mood changes one hundred degrees at the news.

"Wait? Really? That is so amazing!"

It was no lie, how you always wished to go to the theater to watch acts.

As there's no internet or Tv to watch such acts because the vampires forbid this type of technologies.

"But you are only allowed to go on one condition" you raise an eyebrow.

"Which is?"

Achilles takes an empty glass, before pouring blood into it.

"You have to drink this whole glass"

You cringe at the condition.

"Do I have to?" Achilles nods his head, as Celeste speaks up.

"The play is about your favorite book"

You bite your bottom lip, doubting whether you should accept the offer or not.

"Ok...I will drink it"

꧁𑁍❁𑁍❁𑁍꧂

Drinking that cup of blood is worth it.

The theater looks so fancy and luxurious filled with the sight of high-class vampires and their human children.

It is also a custom for everyone except the actors to wear masks, it adds to the mysterious aura.

You examine the theater, as you follow behind your adoptive parents.

However, you bump into someone.

"I'm sorry, sir"

You apologize to the man, as he looks at you with a gentle smile.

"It's alright"

He also pats your head, before walking away from you.

You stare at him as he walks away before Celeste calls to you to hurry up.

On the other hand, Adam takes his seat and lets out a sigh, happy to finally meet you, his sweet daughter.

He will save you tonight, he has already put a plan for that.