𝟒.𝟑- 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡

BAD MOON RISING

Klaus Mikaelson was no stranger to fear

Klaus Mikaelson was no stranger to fear. He still remembers everytime his father gave him that look or when he would call him boy with such a hatred. Even when he would beat him up until Rebekah pleaded him to stop.

His most recent memory about fear was a few months ago when her older brother, Elijah drove a dagger through his heart, a dagger created by his younger brother. That moment when he realized that one of his worst fears was coming to life was unbearable.

The only one who still had hope about his redemption had finally given up. And if he gave up, what was the point? but then, her name popped out in his head.

No, there was one more person who still believed in him, she assured him that.

And now, tonight, when he saw her covered in blood and lying on the ground, crying in fear for her own life as a man pointed a gun at her head, he felt that fear again.

Fear of facing the consequences of his actions.

Fear of failing her.

Fear of losing her forever.

So, he did not hesitate and ripped the heart out of that man. It's not something he hasn't done before. And then he saved her.

He took her to the compound, not thinking that perhaps it was not a good idea since in a few hours she would return to her wolf form. But he didn't care, because he needed to know that she would be okay, heal and take care of her himself.

Klaus placed her carefully on his bed once he spread out the sheets, he cleaned his bloodied ankle and watched it heal slowly. He covered her with the soft sheets when she shivered.

The hybrid pushed away the few strands of hair that covered her face and examining every inch of her face "You're gonna kill me one day, love" He muttered before wiping the cold sweat out of her forehead and placing a kiss.

She slowly opened her eyes, he hoped the wolfsbane would be going away by now and that she had not heard him.

She looked around for a moment and widened her eyes once she realized where she was, she glanced at him and winced away from his touch "What am I doing here?" she questioned with a confused frown.

Klaus sighed "You needed the rest and I needed to heal you, I couldn't do that in the swamp, could I?" he questioned back raising his brows.

She drops her head back in the pillow before she straightened up and covered her body with the sheets, remembering she was in her bra only. He looked away amusedly, not the first time he saw her naked.