𝟒.𝟐𝟑- 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧.

BAD MOON RISING.

"Say not in grief that she is no more, but be thankful that she ever was and though she was taken far too soon, may her enduring light show us a way through this darkness"

Alexis stood in front of the mirror in Marcel's spare bedroom, where she spent the night, not wanting to stay any longer in the compound, so today they could have Davina's funeral. She tucked her black shirt on her black trousers, boots to complete the outfit that she compelled herself, she glanced at the mirror and noticed her tired expression, she had been crying the whole night even if she did not want to.

"Let us mourn as we cannot move on until we do"

Klaus, Hayley and Elijah trailed behind Cami's coffin as they strode through the streets of the French quarter, a band playing in the background for them while Cami's parade begun as each thought of the missing presence among the three, the one that was always around yet today couldn't stand them.

"And though the pain may at times seem like more than we can bare, make no mistake, we will move on. And even now, the words of Ecclesiasticus are ringing in my ears, they're saying vengeance as a lion shall lie in wait for them"

Vincent finished his eulogy, taking a step back as the other four present in the Lafayette cemetery looked up to Davina's tomb with the same mournful expression. Josh then stepped forward, sniffing loudly as he gathered the strength to speak for her friend.

"A while ago," he started, realising a breathless chuckle as he corrected himself "Forever ago, I told Davina a story about my first boyfriend but what I didn't tell her was that I had never shared that story with anyone else. She was like a sister and a best friend and I loved her. I wish th-" he cut himself off for the lump forming on his throat, wiping away the tears as he gestured that he couldn't talk anymore, too overwhelmed by his grief.

Alexis at his side rubbed his back comfortingly before she stepped forward, she sighed deeply, controlling her emotions for a moment "Davina was the little sister I always wanted but never had" she started, recalling the things she wanted to tell her but couldn't do yesterday, thinking they had a tomorrow "Yesterday I forgot to tell her how much she reminded me of my younger self, but also of how Jules looked up for me. And how I did it for her" she wiped away the tears that fell down her cheeks, her voice breaking slightly "You said you weren't our responsibility, but you are, that's family. We take care of each other"

The Crescent stepped back again, putting herself in the space between Josh and Kol, sniffing. She looked down to her feet but could feel the expectantly stare Vincent gave the Mikaelson vampire.

He shook his head sniffing as well "I'm sorry, I can't" he denied, looking down in embarrassment as he could not form the words to make the love of his life justice. Alexis lifted a hand to place it on his arm reassuringly, he was grieving too, they all were and it wasn't his fault. He needed someone that could understand his pain and she did.