𝟒.𝟏𝟖- 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐫, 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐫.

BAD MOON RISING.

Klaus stirred in his sleep, the comfortable bed he was sleeping in doing the rest as he slowly woke up

Klaus stirred in his sleep, the comfortable bed he was sleeping in doing the rest as he slowly woke up. Or attempted to. He reached his hand over the other side of the bed, when he felt nothing but emptiness, he opened his eyes immediately.

The hybrid jolted up from the bed, looking around but there was no sign of her. He sharpened his hearing trying to hear anything but there was only silence. He stood up, striding around the room to halt his steps next to her side of the bed.

There, in the bedside table stood a framed picture of the two on Christmas morning, the day that he decorated her house as a gift. The corner of his lips turned upward just the slightest as he watched her beautiful smile as she tried to get a good side of the two with the camera. He had a playful annoyed expression but if you looked closely, there was a smile playing at his lips.

His smile dropped rapidly as he noticed the piece of paper under it. He raised the picture and took the paper out, as his eyes scanned the perfect calligraphy that belonged to Alexis Kenner, a fire started to build up on his chest, a scowl downed on his face.

Oh, Alexis... What did you do?

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Elijah scanned the note his brother just handed him with careful eyes, a note that someone he cared for wrote just last night. He looked around the room where Hayley and Freya also stood awaiting for him to read it out loud, he felt extremely uncomfortable under their stares.

"When you read this, I'm sure I'll be away already. I'll explain at some point. But for now, don't look for me. I'm alright.

Yours, Alexis"

He finished, looking up to see their final reactions. Klaus seemed to be holding up on his anger, Hayley just looked like she did days before, grieving. She looked away upon his gaze, she wasn't expecting to find this news today. She had already too much going on.

The elder siblings shared a look, Freya wasn't too sure of the girl lately, with her disappearing countless of times and not answering when called to. She began to think of her as maybe one of the hands to which the Mikaelson will fall.

Elijah knew she wasn't. He understood her grief and he let her be. She was a free soul and if she needed the space, he would give it to her. He just hoped for her to come to her senses and come back home.

"So she just left?" Was the first question to pop out, made by Freya.

Hayley shrugged as she let out a sigh "It seems so" she simply said, the sadness in her voice too noticeable to even be covered up.