Chapter 5

Louis POV

"I'm so tired of wedding planning and picking the colour of the fucking flowers on the tables." I groaned, putting my head down on the dining table.

Harry and I were sitting at the table finishing the last of the wedding planning. 

"C'mon Lou the sooner we finish this the sooner we can go swimming." Harry tempted me.

It was so hot my shirt was sticking to my back and there was absolutely no wind, so the windows pushed out as far as they went barely changed a thing.

"Or we could go swimming now and plan later." I replied.

Harry gave me a kiss and then flipped to the next page in his wedding binder.

"Oh shit, your cousin can't come, we'll have to rearrange the table layout." I said, checking my phone as I got the notification.

"Fuck it, let's go for a swim." Harry said, getting up and grabbing my hand, pulling me to my feet.

I cheered and he lead me outside.

Gigi was sitting on a chair out on the patio reading a book, Lottie was fast asleep on the chair beside her. Zayn and Liam were cooking lunch on the barbeque, Bear in Liam's arms and Niall and Gemma were playing on the patch of grass at the front of the house with Felecite and Seamus.

Gemma was teaching Felecite how to throw a frisbee and she sent it flying through the air and Harry jumped to catch it. Felecite came running over to him and he threw it back to her and she caught it. Everyone cheered and Harry put Felecite up onto his shoulders as she waved the frisbee around.

I joined Zayn and Liam at the barbeque when Harry went back to Niall, Gemma and the twins to play some football. 

"Here Louis, hold Bear." Liam said, passing Bear to me as he ran back inside to grab the things for the burgers.

Bear giggled at me as I tickled him and Zayn pulled a funny face at him over my shoulder.

"Zayn your chicken patties are burning." I said, pointing to the barbeque. Zayn swore under his breath and grabbed the spatula to take them off the cooker. Liam came back outside with a chopping board stacked with burger buns, things to put in them and a stack of paper plates under his arm.

Gigi woke Lottie up and Gemma and Harry took the kids over to the table outside. Zayn and Liam took the food over and I put Bear down in his bouncer beside the table while Niall got some drinks from the cooler.

"So are you guys getting everything for the wedding sorted?" Gigi asked, helping Seamus reach for his plastic cup.

"Well, mostly everything's done. Just the boring stuff left." Harry replied.

"You guys just need to sit down and do it by the end of the week and then for the next two weeks we can just relax." Liam advised.

"Yeah, you're right Liam. Try convincing Louis though." Harry said, smirking at me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Anyone want to go for a swim after lunch?" I asked.

"See?" Harry said, laughing. I pouted and he pulled me in and kissed the side of my face.

"Love you Lou." he said.

---

After lunch we did end up swimming and then played a bit of football with everyone in the garden, before having dinner, getting the kids into bed and putting on a movie.

After the movie we went upstairs and Harry went off for a shower.

I stripped down to my boxers and laid down in bed with my phone, scrolling through Twitter as I waited for Harry.

He came back in his dressing gown and grabbed some nail polish from the drawer on his side of the bed and sat down on the bed next to me. I put my phone down and watched him start to do his left hand, looking so concentrated I wasn't sure if I was allowed to talk.

"Whoever thought we'd be getting married? I mean I've known you since I was like ten." Harry said.

"I know, you were just Lottie's friend." I replied, thinking back to my childhood.

"And you were just Lottie's brother. Until I got to about fourteen, then I started to realise how much I had a crush on you." Harry said.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I asked.

"Sure." Harry replied, wiping some pink nail polish off his finger where he messed it up.

"I couldn't sleep that night when you were sleeping over because I was thinking about you. I'd realised that I had a bit of a crush on you too, which was confusing because I thought I was straight. And then I heard someone in the bathroom so I went to see if it was you. And it was." I explained.

"Really? I thought you just wanted to get off." Harry replied, waving his hand around to help dry the paint.

"Do you want me to do your other hand?" I asked.

"Thanks Lou." Harry said and he put his right hand out for me. I grabbed the nail polish and started applying it to his nails.

"Are you going to paint your nails for the wedding?" I asked.

"Should I?" Harry asked.

"Of course, you look fucking beautiful with your nails done. Of course you look fucking beautiful any second of the day." I replied.

"What colour should I do for it then?" Harry asked.

"Hmm. Surprise me." I said.

"Alright then." Harry replied, grinning.

We were quiet as I finished his last nail, then I put the bottle of polish back and helped him get into bed without getting any pink paint on the sheets. I sat down on his other side and suggested watching an episode of Friends.

"Yeah, then my nails will by dry and I'll be able to sleep properly." Harry replied.

I grabbed my laptop and started an episode, switching off the lights.

After the episode was done I shut the laptop and put it down on the floor, lying down and throwing the few pillows I was sitting against off the bed. Harry got comfortable too and we looked at each other through the darkness.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too Lou." Harry replied.