Chapter 7

Louis POV

"Fucking arsehole." I muttered under my breath as I shoved my hands into my pockets and carried on walking down the street. I didn't even know where I was going, I was just heading into town.

Why the hell would Harry suddenly say he was scared about getting married? They'd been engaged for like a year and he thought that they loved each other so much. But whatever, is that's what Harry wanted then that's what Harry would get.

I kept watching my old Vans as I entered the main part of town, my fists still stuffed in my pocket and my head continually dIown.

As I should of thought I soon walked into a pole.

"Fucking hell." I growled, massaging my head.

I looked around and noticed a bar across the street. Not just a bar though, it was a gay bar.

Did I really want to do this? Fuck it, I was going in.

I crossed the street, pushed the door open and went in.

It was incredibly dark and smelt awful but I grabbed a pint from the bar and sat down, staring into my drink as I sat in my little chair in the corner, drowning out the thumping music with my thoughts.

"You alright mate?" someone asked.

It was a young man, cute and he had a tray of shots in his hands, along with a pint.

"I'm not sure to be honest." I replied.

"Ah well, looks like you need some company." he said, setting the tray down on the table and sitting beside me.

"Did you put anything in this or are you just nice?" I asked, picking up one of the shot glasses.

"There's nothing in it I promise. Just thought you looked a little too gorgeous to be sitting alone." he replied with a grin, taking a shot. I shrugged and took my one.

"I'm Louis by the way." I said, offering him my hand.

"Lucas." Lucas replied, taking a sip from his beer.

"So, uh, what brings you down here?" I asked.

"Oh, you know, Friday night. I work at a shit job, my parents kicked me out of the house when I came out and I found out a week ago that my boyfriend was cheating on me." Lucas replied.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I said.

"Ah, you don't have to be. How about you?" he asked.

"Well, I, uh, I'm on holiday with my mates and we got into an argument. Guess I just came to cool off." I replied. I don't know why I didn't tell him about Harry, maybe it was because I liked this guy and I didn't want him to know I was engaged. That made me sound really bad.

We talked a bit more, having the next few shots and finished our beers. Maybe it was the music that seemed to be inside my brain or the five shots working their way through my bloodstream but I had a headache.

"You alright?" Lucas asked, noticing me holding my head.

"Yeah, just got a headache." I replied.

"Oh, let's get out of here. You probably need some fresh air." Lucas replied and we got up and left the bar, gladly reaching the street outside.

"So, are you going to go back to your mates now?" he asked.

"Um, I don't really want to right now." I replied.

"Look whatever they said it was their fault. If you want we can go back to my place and get some painkillers for your head? I swear it's not just a way to have sex with you." Lucas said.

"Yeah, I know. Actually some painkillers would be great right now." I said.

"Alright, my apartment is just up here." Lucas said and he lead the way up the street and round the corner to a block of apartments. We went into the bottom floor and up an elevator to the third floor, then along a hallway to his apartment, number 37.

Lucas unlocked the door and held it open for me. I went in first and he followed behind. In the kitchen he filled a glass of water for me and I took a sip while he reached up to grab some medicine from the top cabinet above his fridge.

His button-down shirt rose up and revealed his abs, fuck they were nice. Then his shirt was back in place and he was grabbing some pills from a box but I set my water down and pulled him in for a kiss.

He dropped the box and kissed me back, wrapping his arms around me.

We swayed on the spot, hungrily kissing each other without drawing breath. Lucas moved towards the counter and jumped up onto it, reaching for the hem of my shirt and pulling it off.

I unbuttoned his shirt and I think I broke a button but I didn't really care because his knee was somehow massaging me and it felt really good.

I pressed my leg against the counter and something in my pocket spiked my thigh. I pulled away from Lucas and put my hand into my pocket, pulling out Harry's engagement ring.

I sighed and Lucas jumped off the counter.

"Are you okay Louis? What's wrong?" he asked.

"I'm so sorry. I feel so bad but I'm engaged. I got into a fight with my fiancée and I didn't listen to him and I stormed off and then I met you and you're amazing, I just, I'm sorry Lucas, I have to go." I said and I put the ring back in my pocket and hurried out of the apartment, utterly disgusted with myself. I stuck my hand into the pocket of my jeans for my phone but then I remembered it was still in it's charging place in the living room of the lake house. Guess I had to run back home to find Harry.