Chapter 8

Harry's POV

I drove without realising where I was going for a while then I parked on the side of the road and put my head down on the steering wheel to think.

What could I do in this situation? Seemed like I wasn't getting engaged and I just really wanted to be with someone right now. I suddenly thought of Alex, Alex would be good. He was my first proper boyfriend, we went out for nearly a year in high school and then we broke up on good terms and I started dating Louis six months after.

Yeah, Alex would be good to see. I pulled out my phone and found his number in my contacts, pressing the call button and lifting the phone up to my ear. After a few rings he picked up.

"Hey Alex, it's Harry." I said.

"Oh hey, what's going on?" he asked.

"Um, well, I kinda just want to see someone. Um, where are you?" I asked. The last I'd heard from Alex was when he went off to university somewhere out of town.

"I'm near the University of Cumbria, on a little house by the lake. It's quite nice down here." Alex replied.

"No way, I'm actually right by Lake Windermere now, can I come over?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll send you the address, it'll be nice to see you." Alex said and we both said goodbye and hung up. Within seconds a text pops through with his address and I started driving over there, my anger at Louis being replaced with excitement for seeing Alex.

He was standing in the driveway when I pulled in and I hurriedly turned off the engine and got out to hug him.

"I just put some tea on, come in." Alex said and he led me into his little home, with a great view of the lake. We sat in the living room with our tea and Alex asked me why I was here.

"Do you mean by Lake Windermere or your house?" I asked.

"Um, both, but mainly why you're in my house." Alex replied with a grin.

"Well I'm on holiday with my friends, you remember Lottie and Niall and Liam don't you?" 

"Yeah, didn't Lottie and Niall have a baby?" Alex asked.

"Yes, they had twins, a little girl and boy and they're so cute. Liam actually also had a baby with my sister funnily enough. She's here too." I said.

"Alright, so why are you here then?" he asked.

"That's the hard part. I, um, I just got into an argument with them. I don't know I guess I just wanted comfort from someone familiar." I replied. Oh god, why didn't I just tell him about Louis?

"Oh, well, I'm happy to help. I have a spare room so if you want you can crash here tonight?" Alex suggested.

"Thanks, that would actually be great." I replied.

After a little while we put on a movie and halfway through it Alex had cuddled into my chest. I didn't mind it, he was nice and warm and it reminded me of being younger and simpler days. 

When the movie finished and I was about to speak and get up I realised Alex was fast asleep. With a sigh I managed to pick him up and carried him upstairs, finding the room that I guessed was his. I laid him down on the bed and as I was trying to pull the sheets over him his eyes fluttered open. I'd forgotten just how pretty his grey-green eyes were.

I had barely realised I was staring into his eyes when he reached up and grabbed my shirt, pulling me down to kiss him. I kissed back, it was nice. He pulled me down onto his chest and I straddled him, grinding my hips against him as we kissed.

"No." I said, pulling away.

"What?" Alex asked.

"No. I'm sorry." I repeated, swinging my leg off him and getting off the bed, hating myself for getting even just a little bit hard against his body.

"Harry what's going on?" Alex asked.

"I'm engaged." I said.

"You're engaged? But you're twenty one, aren't you a little young?" Alex said.

"Yes, that's what I said to Louis but he thought I didn't want to get married anymore and we got into this huge fight and for some reason once I got out of there I thought of you. And, fuck, I'm so sorry Alex, I'm sorry I used you. I have to go and find Louis though." I explained.

"Alright then, well it was nice seeing you again. And congratulations, you know, on your engagement." Alex said.

I hugged him and hurried back downstairs and out to my car. I had to find Louis.