3. Deference For Darkness

Halo

It was rainy night. The rain hadn't stopped for hours by now. Barely any lights on. The city looked abandoned. It was like a ghost town.

That wa until a group of aliens walked into the city Square, speaking in their native language.

"OK, I know there's aliens, but I thought you said he's a space marine. This ain't space" I hears the pro hero Hawks complain.

"We'll get there" the man said.

All of a sudden there was a gun shot and one of the bigger aliens fell to the ground. Then there was more gunshot as more aliens fell to the ground. The Gunshots were made by two men in bulky armor. But it seemed like they didn't have trouble running in it.

"Times up, looked like you owe me a drink" the man in the green and black armor said.

"Shut up. I'll get you next time asshole." The one in blue and black armor said joking around.

"If you ladies are done down there, it's time to evac. It's time" my wrist communicator said.

"Sir yes sir" we both said before running towards where we were supposed to evac from. When we got there, a pelican ship was waiting for us. But when we got into the area, the ship explode and a scarab showed up.

"Aw shit" the green marine yelled.

"Thats a huge ship" Kaminari yelled.

"But it's so manly looking" Kirishima said.

"But it destroyed their ship" sero added.

The two marines go into cover.

"Do you see any banshees nearbye?" The Blue marine asked

"Yeah, I saw one on the roof near by. If you give me cover, I can reach the building" the green marine said as the blue marine nodded. So the green one ran towards the building as the blue drew any fire at the two.

Before going into the building, the green marine looked back at the blue one. He knew he could handle himself. So he ran up the endless flights of stairs until he reached the roof to see it was guarded by a bunch of elites and grunts. Luckily no jackals.

"Easy" He said before going all out on the elites and grunts. It didn't take long before only one was left. Being out of bullets from using his weapon day after day, he picked up an energy sword, turning it on.

He had a sparing match with the elite, showing similar skill in the weapon. The sword Being made for elites, using it proved very difficult for humans. Only very few humans could casually use the weapon.

Soon after a few minutes of sparring, the green Marine saw an opening and shoved the two tips of the sword into the throat of the elite, making him collaps to the floor.

"I've seen many things in my hero career and that was just brutal" the pro hero Hawks said with many pro heros agreeing with him.

After the elite fell to the floor, he retrieved the sword, turning it off.