Beta: 20

Birth. 

Their baby was about to enter the world today...

The rolling sound of metallic wheels echoed through as Tang Bojing was pushed into the emergency room, the green lights abruptly turning red. 

His family was anxiously standing outside... anticipating news.

Mother Tang eyes kept shifting between the delivery room and the empty hallway. It was understandable for her to do this for she couldn't find herself to calm down even when she convinced herself that everything would be alright.

Her husband wasn't at her side at the moment.

And the most important person, her son-in-law Han Jiexiu... 

-couldn't be present.

Irregular rut cycle, future medications such as Antidepressants, the probability of losing the ability to detect pheromones-

-

Irregular rut cycle.

-

After losing the ability to sense pheromones, the drawback of removing the gland consecutively haunted Han Jiexiu's well-being.

By the time that Tang Bojing was sent to the hospital, he too suffered from strong irregular ruts in which regular inhibitors were useless so he was also admitted and was locked up in a separate room to keep his pheromones at bay.

Han Jiexiu was bedridden they injected him with a strong inhibitor resulting in him being muddle-headed, mind drifting off into the clouds and was often drowsy.

Even when Tang Bojing still had enough strength to see him, the doctor did not allow him to.

There were moments where Han Jiexiu's mind was cleared from the fog but he was often unlucky as no one would be by his side by that time, leaving him guessing on how Tang Bojing was doing.

Han Jiexiu had of course... steeled his heart, resolved that he won't regret anything. 

Yet this sudden turn of circumstances really made him eat at his words, choking as he swallowed them back in. He wanted to be by the beta's side more than anything, especially right now.

But because of his disability... he can't.

How it felt, to have experienced this kind of separation was the one thing that he planned on hiding from Tang Bojing, afraid that his husband would think too much about it and trigger his nasty habit of blaming himself.

-

His Bojing was a quiet and warm-hearted person.

-

In a hazy state, the door to his room finally opened. His father-in-law had come to visit him.

Father Ji was wearing a suit.

"Bojing-ah..." his beta resembled Father Ji so much that he mistook him.

Father Ji stood beside his bed and observed the younger alpha's state. He quickly frowned, fully aware that the man was not in the right state of mind. 

"Han Jiexiu. It's me." It made even him feel helpless...

"... chairman?"

"En."

"....." Han Jiexiu couldn't hide his disappointment and sourly frowned.

Father Ji silently examined his son-in-law's condition with his eyes. The young alpha lost a bit of weight and was visibly confused, staring back at him with unfocused eyes.