Beta: 1

He is a Beta.

A Beta born in an Alpha household which made him slightly special.

He was rich, cultured, intelligent- even his appearance was above average gaining him many suitors.

Yet regardless of all this, in the end, he was still a Beta.

As their household prided on Alphas, his Alpha Father gave his Beta second son a different surname clearly distinguishing the dividing line in between the Alpha first son.

No matter how good his results were, their Alpha Father hardly acknowledged him that he got tired of trying to win his affections leading to eventually giving up. The Beta knew the reason behind his Father's dismissive attitude and did not think too negatively about it as there was nothing he can do to change his sex.

The Beta was initially very headstrong and level-headed.

But the Beta was unfortunate when it comes to matters of love. He... kept falling for the wrong sex.

His first love was an Omega.

His second, an Alpha.

-

thump. thump. thump.

-

The erratic beating of anticipation in his heart happened only twice in his lifetime. Each on the very he first laid his eyes on them.

But f*ck.

f*ck!

F*CK!!!

The Beta screamed repeatedly inside his head as he trashed the room. He grabbed the picture frame in his hand and longingly stared at it. It was a photo of him in his Alpha's arms as they lovingly smiled at the camera.

-

"I found her. I'm sorry."

-

CRASH!

The Beta heartlessly threw it against the pillar.

If only it could turn to ash. If only his feelings could incinerate and burn to ash...

Fated Pairs... a Beta could never win against this curse that most saw as a blessing.

-

"I loved you with all my heart but why do you leave me? " he asked himself plenty of times.

-

Love was too powerful.

Too powerful that after failing he became... miserable.

It was the second time in his life that he experienced being so powerless against something that was in his own hands. No matter how much feelings he poured into the well, it was bottomless. There was always a space that he, a Beta, could not fill.

He started to question. Were they even truly in love?

Because if they were, he would not just leave him so easily. The Alpha would have at least put up a good fight and not melt within the Omega's embrace.

Desperate to prove this wrong, the Beta lost his righteous ways and fooled around for a long time.

He only stopped when he admitted to it.

That he... lost.

After going through heartbreak twice and his hopes crushed, the Beta closed his heart and decided to focus on everything other than love.