Beta: 21

The new alpha daddy was even too scared to touch the baby incubator.

The words wouldn't come out from his mouth, repeatedly opening and closing it. His hands were fumbling in the air and his eyes darted between the babies and his husband. He was at a loss, not knowing if he should say thank you first? or fawn over the little ones right away.

Han Jiexiu looked like a fool. A big dumb fool who cried with a smiling snot dripping face.

Tang Bojing smiled brightly, eyes curved with his teeth showing.

Han Jiexiu gently hugged Tang Bojing. He buried his head on his shoulders, openly expressing the amount of happiness in his heart with a firm hug.

"....." the smile could not fade from his face. Tang Bojing couldn't move freely so he rubbed his face on Han Jiexiu's hair conveying to him that he received his feelings well.

Maybe the babies understood what was happening as they started crying too.

Waaaaahhh! waaaah! waaah! - their cries dug deeply into Han Jiexiu's ears and he instinctively closed them. A taste of their loud wails was enough for him to get a glimpse and picture their new everyday lives.

"The big baby is the older sister. The small baby is the younger brother." the beta had a gentle aura around him.

"Isn't he *sniff* a bit small?" snot was running down the new alpha daddy's nose.

The doctor and the nurses all had smiling faces. The doctor finally had the chance to step in and explained that it is normal for one twin to have received more nutrients than the other making it reasonable for one to be smaller.

"We've thoroughly examined the babies and there are no health problems. The baby boy will naturally grow bigger."

The babies continued to cry so the nurses pushed them out of the room. Han Jiexiu's eyes reluctantly followed them, waving them goodbye. The doctor who couldn't stop smiling left them with them.

The pair of husbands got their privacy back.

"Bojing-ah... are you not angry...?"

"?, why must I be angry at you?"

"....." Tang Bojing was being generous again.

Just like this... every time he's like this... Han Jiexiu could not help but be mesmerized by his beta husband, the man with the surname Tang named Bojing...

Han Jiexiu's hand reached for his husband's face. Lightly, his other hand patted the area around the stitches as he closed his eyes to stop the tears from coming out.

He opened his eyes again, tenderly brushing the corner of his husband's eyes. He watched how Tang Bojing's eyelashes trembled from his touch and how the corner of his lips arched to create a smile that brushed against his fingers.

"Alright... I won't apologize for not being by your side as it might happen again and you don't want to hear it but I can promise you this."

"No matter what opportunities I'll miss because of my... problem, I promise to tell you how thankful I am to have you. That rather than grieving over what I've missed, I would think of you, our happiness together, our family."

"Thank you for giving me a family of my own... for giving me two beautiful children to look after together with."

In reply, Tang Bojing chuckled softly and pulled Han Jiexiu's head down for a kiss. "I would like that."

"Still, I might sulk for a few hours."

"I'll let you sulk for a day."

The doctor who came back after meeting the rest of the Ji family slowly opened the door but after seeing what happened inside, he smiled and quietly closed the door again.