Chapter 19

Stave, Nat, Sam and I found Jasper Sitwell and they were talking about Zola's algorithm, but the truth is that I didn't really care about it. I just wanted to get to them, and more specifically Alexander Pierce.

Cut off the head and the rest will follow.

Loki and I are probably going to fight again when he finds out but I hope he will understand why I need to end this. Hopefully, he'll be away for a while and I'll get it done before he returns and possibly stops me.

Unfortunately, before we could gather all the information, they found us first. And they brought their best weapon with them, the Winter Soldier.

He managed to knock us out of the car and was straight up trying to kill us. He gets handed a grenade launcher and starts shooting towards the others. He knocks Nat and Steve off the bridge we were on before I could even collect my thoughts.

But I get back on my feet and I take advantage of the fact that he hasn't seen me yet. I start whispering a spell that would tie him up and knock him out. My hands start glowing purple and I point them towards him.

Unfortunately, he heard me and shot a grenade towards me before I could finish the last word of the spell.

Immediately I stop that spell and I form a shield in front of me. However, I didn't have much time to react and cover myself fully so the explosion of the grenade against my magic shield knocked me out of the bridge and onto the hard concrete under it.

I hit my head pretty hard in the fall so I needed a moment to come back. I stay down and I slowly crawl under the bridge so I could hide until I was ready and he wouldn't have a clear shot on me from up there.

He jumps from the bridge and starts walking in the opposite direction. I try to focus my vision and see where he is headed if he is not looking for me. As soon as my eyes cleared, I saw that he is walking towards the redhead.

I manage to get back on my feet and I head towards Nat and him as they fight. She tried to run away and get the people away but one of his bullets got her in the shoulder.

He was ready to shoot her again but I throw a magic ball at him, knocking him off his feet.

"Ведьма" he says as he sees me

"I'm getting really fed up with you" I say and I start shooting more magic at him.

He avoids all of them and makes his way to me. He takes his vibranium dagger out of his pocket and tries to stab me. I avoid his moves and I step back.

With my powers, I pick up random objects from the street and I try to throw them at him unsuccessfully.

"Rogers! I could use some help!" I yell because Cap was nowhere to be found since we fell off the bridge.

Almost immediately his shield hits the Soldier in the head and knocks him on the ground.

"I got this, go check on Nat" he says and I run to her. She was hiding behind a car so he wouldn't get her again.

But as I was running, he starts shooting at me again. One of those bullets finds my chest and I collapse on the ground.

"Kate!" I hear Nat's voice. She was only a few feet away from me.

That moment, only by thinking of healing myself and without having to say the spell, my eyes start glowing and my wound heals in seconds.

I gasp as I get up and I check my chest
"Wow, that necklace is a great update" I say as I run closer to Nat

"No kidding" she says

"Maybe I can help you too" I suggest and I put my hand on her wound

"No, please. I prefer no magic" she says