Chapter 23

After Frigga's funeral, Loki, Thor, Jane and I got ready and went to the Dark World, through secret paths because Odin wouldn't allow even Thor to leave. I think that he is starting to lose it since his wife's funeral. She was his voice of reason and now that she is gone, he is going rogue.

Everything seemed to go according to plan. Malekith took the bait and pulled the infection out of Jane. But the plan went sideways when he started consuming it.

We tried to stop him but didn't work. Thor had taken the big guy, Loki was fighting with the four of the Dark Elves, so Jane and I were left with Malekith himself.

"Go back" I say as I step in front of her

"What about you?" she asks

"I got this" I say and I make my eyes glow for a second so she'd see that I have powers too.

She nods and goes back slowly. I look at Malekith and cover Jane's back so he wouldn't follow her.

Loki was right. As soon as Malekith saw me, his eyes landed on my necklace
"I think I'll take that as well" he says

"Not for sale" I say

"It wasn't a question" he says.

He tries to use his powers to lift me up and bring me closer to him, like he did with Jane but due to my own powers, I have more resistance.

"Is that all you got?" I ask with a chuckle.

He gets angry and starts to move towards me. I lift myself up along with two huge rocks that I eventually throw on him.

 I lift myself up along with two huge rocks that I eventually throw on him

But these only stalled him for a second. He took a step closer to me, and I kept throwing huge rocks at him to stop him. However, he was breaking them as they landed on him and kept moving.

I change my method and I start throwing my magic straight on him. It was strong enough to knock him back but not off his feet.

I start whispering a stronger spell as he moved closer to me. Unfortunately, I was not able to finish, so I pulled out my gold sword -the one Loki gave me- to stop his fist from hitting me.

I scratch his arm and his face. Then I aimed for his chest but he found an opening and punched me in the chest, sending me several feet back from where we were standing.

"Ok, you're stronger than you look" I admit

"You have no idea" he says and punches me in the face this time.

I spit the blood from my mouth and I try to get on my feet again. However, he grabbed me by the collar of my shirt, revealing my necklace again.

He takes it in his hand and before he could pull it off my neck, a blade goes in his body and through his chest.

He drops me down and I see Loki standing behind him. That moment, Malekith grabs Loki and stabs him with the part of the blade that was coming out of his chest.