Chapter 27

I spent the following weeks in a hotel close to the Compound, by myself. I was actually waiting and hoping that Loki would look for me, find me and apologize, that's why I didn't leave the city yet. But he never did.

His gigantic ego is probably not letting him. He's just a narcissist, and won't ever admit that he is wrong. I do love him but I would never let my guard down for anyone. I can't feel so weak and exposed around anyone, especially when it comes to my mind. And he knew that so he can't demand from me to do it for him.

But I trusted the God of Mischief, right? What did I expect? It seems like, after all, I fell in his trap.

But now, he is gone and even though Hydra is down, the Winter Soldier is missing. Therefore, I don't know if he is still programmed to kill me or not.

So I went back to hiding. However, it wasn't as extreme as before but I was alone again.

That lasted at least a year. That's when I started relaxing a bit and going out more. Until I felt like I was being watched again.

So I returned home and made sure all my protection spells were working. I started packing everything
"Don't. It's just me" I hear a voice that I haven't heard for over a year now.

I freeze for a second.
"I'm sorry, if I scared you. I had to make sure it's really you and not any projection or double" he explains.

I turn around and I throw a dagger at him. It landed on the wall right next to his face.
"Awful throw" he says as he takes it from the wall

"Trust me, I would have gotten it into your brain if I wanted to. I could actually melt your brain if I wanted to" I say

"Delightful" he replies, while his eyes scan my neck for my necklace and as soon as he finds it, his eyes come back up.

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"I know that we haven't ended in good terms but I could use your help for something" he answers, hesitating to get closer to me.

Of course. He is here because he needs something. How shocking...
"Depends on what you need" I say

"Remember when I said that I would expel my father from the throne and take his place?" he asks

"Yes, but we didn't make it there" I remind him

"Yeah... I did do it but... We kind of lost him" he admits

"You lost Odin?" I ask shocked

"I didn't! He's just not where I left him" he answers and I roll my eyes

"Still avoiding responsibility..." I whisper

"I beg your pardon?" he asks

"Forget it" I answer
"Luckily for you, I can work something out" I say

"Great. Thank you" he says

"But it will cost you" I add as I lean against the table

"How much?" he asks

"I haven't decided yet. Are you in or out?" I ask

"I guess I'm in. Only because my brother will kill me if I don't find him" he says

"Ok, let's get started" I say as I make my way to the closet.

I check the ingredients of the spell and I take everything I needed out, laying them on the table. Meanwhile, Loki started walking and taking a look around.

He stops as he spots a familiar relic
"Is this Casket of the Ancient Winters? Didn't you say it was dry?" he asks

"It was. I used my new powers to recharge some of it, in case of an emergency" I answer, but he doesn't take his eyes away from the relic.