Chapter 33

"I, Loki, Prince of Asgard, Odinson, the rightful King of Jotunheim, God of Mischief, do hereby pledge to you, my undying fidelity" he lowers his head.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to not think about him. The first walls of the mirror dimension start to come together and, immediately, Squidward seems me. Loki notices that I just got exposed and knows that he has to distract them. A dagger appears in his hand and even from far away, I can tell that it's the total black vibranium one. He probably thinks that such a strong material will be able to harm the titan.

He aims for his head but Thanos uses the infinity stones to stop him. My heart starts beating faster as I grow more worried.

Squidward looks back at me and by telekinesis, he sends the dagger flying from Loki's hand and right into my stomach. I gasp and I slowly fall on my knees. Loki calls my name as he watches my body collapse.

That moment, Heimdall gets back up and attacks Thanos, letting Loki escape from his grip. Loki runs to me and gets on his knees to catch me.

"Take the dagger out" I gasp

"You'll bleed out" he argues

"You leave it in and I die from poisoning by the vibranium in a few seconds. You take it out and I MAY die from bleeding" I lay out the only two options there are right now.

He shakes his head and wraps his fingers around the dagger
"1. 2." he pulls it out quickly and I groan in pain.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry" he apologizes immediately

"I'm good, I'm fine. I just need to lay down for a sec..." I reassure him as I try to catch my breath.
"You have to finish my work, put him in the pocket dimension" I say as I try to hold my wound from bleeding

"I don't know how and you shouldn't talk right now" he reminds me.

"Get in my mind" I suggest

"You'll let me?" he asks surprised

"Yes" I answer and I put his hand on my head. Within a few seconds I feel him in my head. Everything I know is available for him and I'm completely exposed to him. He could look or do anything to me right now but he only goes for the necessary things.
I love trusting you.

He stops "I saw it, but I don't know if I can do it, Katelyn" he says

"Yes, you can. Loki, you are stronger than you realize. I know it. I saw your power when I got in your head" I admit

"You did what?" he asks confused

"Yeah, I got an upgrade while you were gone. I healed Barnes, the Winter Soldier. However, I don't think thay upgrade lasted for long" I say and I look down at my bleeding stomach

"No, don't say that. You'll be fine" he insists.

"Go, Loki. Be the hero this time" I courage him without giving him false hope because I don't feel like I'm going to come out of this

"Hang on, I'm going to fix this first. I'm gonna find something" he says trying not to panic as he holds my wound

"It won't work. But I gues-- I guess you were right, your dagger is wh-- what kills me. You win" I chuckle as I try to stay awake

"No, no, no, I will fix this. I will find a way" he insists as he applies more pressure on my bleeding stomach
"I'm hurting you, I'm sorry, but I have to keep it closed" he explains

"It doesn't hurt anymore..." I admit.

His eyes go wide and a tear rolls
"It's ok. It's not your fault" I manage to say

"I can't lose you" he replies as a tear roll down his cheek.

"Yes, you can. Letting go doesn't mean you're weak" I say and I bring my hand to his cheek.
"My hero..." I whisper as he holds my hand to his cheek and another tear escapes his eye

"I don't like being the hero, not this way" he admits as he looks at my wound and then back at my face again.

"Promise me you'll eventually be ok" I ask

"Katelyn..." he shakes his head

"Promise me!" I demand as my breaths get smaller and smaller.

"I promise you that I will do my best to be ok. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you so much" he says as more tears escape his eyes

"I-- I l-love you..." I manage to say.

Loki's POV
I lean and I kiss her lips softly as tears run down my cheeks. I feel her kissing me back for a second but then her lips let go. I pull away but I keep my forehead attached to hers. Her hand that is on my cheek starts to fall from its place and soon her whole body goes limb.

"No, no, stay with me. Katelyn, stay with me. Please stay with me, my love. Katelyn!" I start shaking in fear as I rub her cheeks trying to wake her up.
"Katelyn..." I sob. The purple color of her butterfly necklace, the one I made for her, fades to clear.

That's when I sense her mind stop. She's gone. The most important person in my life, the last person who understood and accepted me despite all my flaws just died.

Fuck! Why in hell was I still carrying that dagger? And I shouldn't even have brought her here in the first place.

I let her down carefully and, taken over by anger, I turn to Thanos.

"You will pay for this!" I say and I knock Thor and Heimdall away from him to keep them safe

"You will pay for this!" I say and I knock Thor and Heimdall away from him to keep them safe. I use all my rage against him and I complete Katelyn's spell. The pocket dimension starts coming together around him and his children. I pull the stones off his glove and keep them away. Anyone who tries to stop me, gets pushed back into the circle.

I groan and yell as I pull everything together and finally close the pocket dimension. Eventually, I make it smaller and bring it to me. In one hand I have the stones and in the other the pocket dimension. I look down at them with tears in my eyes.

"You did it" my brother's voice takes my attention. I walk towards him and I give all things to him

"Make sure they're kept somewhere safe" I say and I keep walking towards Katelyn.

I fall on my knees again and I bring her on my lap. I look down at her face and I caress her hair softly.
"I did it, my love. I did it..." I say as my eyes fill with tears again. But she's not here to see it.

I don't even attempt to hide my tears anymore. I cry while I'm holding her lifeless body, tightly. Her chest is quite against mine, no heartbeat. And I cry even harder. I don't care who could see or hear me. The only thing I care about is her. But she's gone. She's gone. She's...