Back Home.

Jasmine's POV

My life has been turned upside down again in the space of a week........

Don't feel bad for me though cause my life has an auto reset button everytime I get comfortable... Good things don't exactly last for me.

Whether it be jobs , friendships, relationships, nothing everything seems to have a time limit for me.....

It almost like God sees me being happy and finally comfortable and says nope back to suffering you go.

"Ma'am this is the address you told me .." My cab driver spoke up as he came to a halt in front of an apartment complex that was familiar yet seemed to be from a previous life I wanted to forget.

And in front of the entrance stood my mother, the only reason I came back to this goddamn city.

"Oh my God......" She said with tear glazed eyes as she came over and gave me a big hug....

"Hi mom." I said with a chuckle as I hugged her back as the driver got out to take my luggage from the trunk of the cab.

"Where's the little one?" She asked excitedly as I slowly moved out the way and as soon as I did mom was taken in a hug by my five year old daughter Kiara, she really did love her grandma.

As they hugged and exchanged kisses and love, I paid the driver and took the luggage into the building where the doorman helped me carry them up to the 4th floor where my mom lived...

We got up to the apartment and now Kiara was sat comfortably on her grandma's hip as they continued their cute little conversation.

"I like the changes you've made to the place." I said with a giggle as we finally entered the apartment.

This place is where I spent my entire life before moving away after Kiara was born , Mom stayed back though cause she didn't want to give up on this place and I respected her decision.

"Well since my little princess was coming back I had to make it the best place I could." She replied giving Kiara a kiss on the forehead making her giggle.

I then walked to my old room and it pained me to see it empty and abandoned. So many memories were made in this room but most of them were connected to one particular person so I had pushed everything to the back of my mind.

I sat on my bed before something on the table beside it caught my eye. It was a scrapbook I had made about 7 years ago. I took it in my hands to see the words 'Us Forevermore.' written in bold on the front. I sighed before putting it back on the table as I knew exactly what it had inside and I knew it would instantly spoil my mood.

"What would you like for lunch.....Oh" My mom asked before sighing as she saw the book next to me.

"It's always been there, I didn't want to move it...." She said as I nodded and got up off the bed and followed her into the kitchen.

"It's alright I just don't want to remember all that again, anyways come on let's make lunch." I said cheering up again as Kiara ran over to me and gave me a hug.

The rest of the afternoon was spent making lunch and a little unpacking. I decided to stay in my old room again as it was spacious enough for me and Kiara and all our stuff.

"Mom do you get the medicines that I had ordered for Kiara." I asked as we sat around the living room in tbe evening with Kiara fast asleep with her head on my lap.

"I'm sorry love I forgot but the pharmacy is just a small walk from here I'll go get them later." She said with a sigh.

"It's no problem mom and I'll go get them later I need to go to the shops anyways." I said with a smile as she nodded and gave me a kiss on the forehead before excusing herself to her room to take her nap.