Ice Creams and Unheard Screams.

Jasmine's POV

"It's going to be really fun , you'll make loads of new friends, get to play around and learn so many interesting things." I said as Kiara nodded along playing with my fingers lost in her own world.

Today I was taking Kiara on a school tour in hopes of getting her enrolled here. It was an amazing school and it was close by to our place so it seemed like a no brainer to chose this for Kiara.

I had also invited JJ along to come for the tour as I wanted him to be involved and given how excited he was it was safe to say he was enjoying being the father he's always wanted.

We finally reached the school and Kiara quickly saw JJ stood near his car and ran over to him and greeted him with a hug and JJ then lifted her up and spun her around a little making her giggle.

"Come on guys , it's already late." I said reaching them.

"Come on then let's go." JJ said as he placed Kiara back down and followed me while holding her little hand.

We went in and were greeted by a teacher that gave us a complete tour of the entire school and all it's facilities before we went to meet the principal who explained us all the formalities and when the school year started which we learnt was exactly 3 weeks from now.

The only bad part about today was JJ was getting stopped often by students, cheering him on and asking what he was doing here. I was afraid of someone taking a photo of me , JJ and Kiara together and exposing us but relaxed as it was a school and kids wouldn't do that.

"JJ , can we go get ice cream..." Kiara asked him as we walked out the school having filled out all the enrollment forms and completing all other formalities.

"Yes we can angel ." He said looking at me hopefully to which I nodded and we walked towards the shop through the park in front of the school.

It was just afternoon so the park was almost completely empty except a few old people doing their walks. We walked through enjoying the silence in a usually loud London.

"Hey Jas, why don't you take a seat here and I'll go get us some ice cream, you know some fans might be there and I don't want you guys to be uncomfortable." He said as we reached about halfway to the ice cream shop.

"Sure... We'll be here , Kiara what ice cream do you want." I asked her as we sat down on the bench.

"Chocolate." She said all excited as JJ nodded at her with a smile and jogged along the path towards the shops.

Me and Kiara sat talking about how she liked the school and the huge playground she had taken a particular liking to.

JJ returned around twenty minutes later , balancing 3 ice cream cones in his hands and handed us both a cone each. Kiara got her chocolate cone and I got.... I got a mint chocolate cone, my favorite flavor.

"Thank you JJ." Kiara said smiling up at him as he sat down on the other side of her.

"Anything for you my angel." He said as he ruffled her hair making her giggle.

We spent the next almost hour , enjoying our ice creams and laughing around as JJ tried explaining to Kiara what YouTube was. He looked so happy that Kiara had a genuine interest in what he did and explained intently to her as she nodded along. It was cute.

Halfway through the conversation though I had completely zoned out, in my own little world imagining what life would have been like if me and JJ had not seperated during Kiara's birth. So many good memories that we could have shared, he had missed out on so many moments that we could have shared as a family instead of just me being there for Kiara.

I still don't know what to make of this , is he putting up an act or actually wants this , is he actually matured like he claims or is he just lying to get closer to me and Kiara.

It was a very confusing time in my life and the worst part about it was that I and no one that I could properly explain to what I felt and expect a unbias opinion or feedback.

Talia and Simon along with my mother all would want me to get back together with JJ and give things another try and Jordan would want me to stay away cause let's be honest be doesn't like JJ.

Speaking of Jordan, we hadn't been spending too much time together as I've said before but now over the past few days even the texts have dried up.  I made a mental note to myself to call him later and ask him if we could meet and go out and hopefully rekindle whatever little relationship we had , but on the other side of things his words about Kiara not ever being his daughter kept me a little apprehensive about the entire relationship.

I wanted to scream to the heavens as to why nothing good ever lasted long in my life. Just when things start to go smoothly, something comes along to make things worse and I hated that now I was in one of those bad periods.

"Hey you alright." I heard JJ speak as I turned my head to find him right next to me.

"Where's Kiara." I asked immediately seeing that she wasn't next to me .

"Didn't you listen to anything we were talking about, she's right there collecting flowers." He said with a giggle as he pointed towards the flower place where Kiara stood admiring the flowers.

"Oh okay...." I said with a sigh relaxing back on the bench.

"Are you okay though, you seem stressed." He asked again as I nodded.

"Yeah just... It's nothing." I sighed as he nodded not looking completely convinced.

"Do you want to come back to ours for a while, she loves spending time with you." I asked JJ as Kiara came running back and handed me a flower that she had picked.

"Sure." He replied as we all got ready to go back home.

We decided to walk back to JJ's car and his driver drove us back to my apartment. JJ spent some time there talking to mom as she made tea for us and building some Lego models with Kiara.

"Hey Simon and Talia have a small party tonight, you want to come?" JJ asked as he handed me a cup of tea.

"Sure...but damn you guys have a lot of parties." I said as he chuckled nodding along.

"Yeah we do , we usually have nothing to do most evenings so we just get together." He said with a chuckle.

"You can bring Jordan too, everyone is bringing their partners." He continued.

"No he's away doing something." I said and involuntarily let out a sigh.

"Are you okay, you seem stressed from the morning." He asked again as I rolled my eyes.

"I told you I'm fine JJ , just the school stuff and all ." I said a little harshly as he nodded , still not convinced.

"Okay I should be heading back now , see you later." He said with a smile before going to bid goodbye to mom and Kiara.

Why's he being so nice ...... It's confusing me even more ughhhhh.......

 It's confusing me even more ughhhhh

A/N:

Another chapter oooh look at me go

Hope all of you guys enjoyed
Love you all
Elora signing off ✌🏻