The Apology.

Narrator's POV

It had been a week since the incident. Jasmine had everyone from the friend group apologize to her on behalf of JJ but she wasn't willing to hear it. If she hated him before this , now she hated him to a whole another level.

On the positive side for her though, Jordan didn't seem to be pissed off at the whole debacle and they were still going strong and he had also been over at Jasmine's to spent some time with Kiara but the little girl still hadn't taken a liking to him which was quite unlike her but Jordan and Jasmine were convinced she would like him more as time goes on.

On the other hand though JJ was enemy no.1 , not only to Jasmine but to his entire friend group that thought his drunken rant the other night was undoubtedly one of the most pathetic things they had seen.

Simon and Talia had told him to apologize to Jasmine but they as well as JJ didn't know how or when he should since Jasmine was sure to not listen to him .

Then one day JJ had this revelation of going over to Jasmine's house and apologizing personally, sure she might not like him being there but he felt like it was the least he could do after embarrassing her.

JJ's POV

I stood outside the apartment building I knew all too well. I quickly made my way up and hoped I had the right apartment, it had been a while since I had been here after all.

I rang the doorbell and waited to get cursed out and shouted at but to my surprise, it was Mrs.Johnson that opened the door and to say that she was surprised to see me is an understatement.

"Olajide, what are you doing here....." She asked confused.

"I'm here to see Jasmine , Mrs.Johnson." I said fiddling with the end of my jacket just like I had done when I had come over to this apartment for the first time almost 15 years ago.

"She's not here.... Come in though and wait for her." She said ushering me in but when I looked unsure of going but she then asked me to come in and wait so I decided to follow her in.

"Sit down I'll make some tea for you, it'll be a while before she's back." She said as I sat down on the sofa.

"Don't stress Mrs.Jackson I just had lunch." I said trying to stop her from making tea for me.

"Rubbish, you've come here after so long I'm making you teas and some snacks, hold on." She said as she went into the kitchen .

I sighed and took out my phone to keep myself distracted but I was brought out back to the real world by a small adorable voice.

"Hi..." I saw Kiara greet me before climbing on to the sofa next to me.

"Hi..." I said with a smile as she gave me a high five.

"Have you come to see Mom." She asked as she looked at me with a bright smile. Damn she really got her mother's smile.

"Yes angel.." I said as she chuckled.

"Mommy calls me angel." She said as she sat up straight an thought about something.

Then suddenly she got off the couch and took my hand in hers and pulled me gently and I followed her confused as to what she wanted.

She took me to Jasmine's old bedroom and lead me to her desk and pointed up at a book in the bookshelf. I was even more confused now but when I saw the book I couldn't help but smile.

It was Jasmine's old scrapbook she had made of us together and she loved it with all her heart. I can't believe she still has it , I thought she would have got rid of it like she must have gotten rid of everything that reminded her of me.

"Mommy knows you...." Kiara said as she opened the book and showed me pictures of me and Jasmine together from our trip in Manchester.

"Yes angel ,your mother knows me." I said with a smile and she clapped her hands excitedly.

"My name is Kiara.." She said as she held out her hand for me to shake.

"My name is JJ." I replied with a smile as I shook her hand.

" JJ.." She repeated as she smiled brightly as my heart melted at the adorable sight.

We then sat together on the bed as we went through the book and needless to say Kiara was very happy to look at her mother in her youth.

"Awwhh look at both of you getting along." Mrs. Jackson said as she walked in with tea and some snacks for me and Kiara.

That made me realize something..... Jasmine wouldn't be exactly thrilled seeing me with Kiara and I didn't need to piss her off more so I politely took my cup of tea and explained to Mrs.Johnson and went back into the living room while Kiara stayed back with her in the bedroom.

I drank my tea and sat staring into nothing for what seemed like hours before I heard the door open and Jasmine walk in.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She asked more confused than angry.

"I'm here to apologize." I said as I stood up as she sighed and put her bag on the table next to the entrance.

"It won't change anything so I wouldn't have wasted my time coming here." She said rolling her eyes.

"I know it probably doesn't matter but I just wanted to apologize to both you and Jordan cause what I did was not right in the slightest." I said as she shook her head.

"Okay now go I've had a long day and I can't be assed to do all this." She said as she fell onto the couch.

"Mommy you said bad word...." Kiara said as she ran out of the room and came and hugged her mom.

"I'm sorry angel , mommy's just tired." Jas said hugging our daughter back.

"JJ I get the whole apology thing, you can go back home now and just don't piss me off next time." Jas said wanting me to leave as she looked between me and Kiara.

"Yeah I'm sorry for everything again, Lo-.... , Hmmm goodbye." I said quickly and walking out as quickly as I could.

I can't believe I was gonna say that....

Jasmine's POV

Wait was he about to say that he loved me. What the fuck is wrong with this man.

"JJ is good friend." Kiara said as she held my hand and played with my fingers.

"Wait you talked to him? " I asked her softly as she nodded and smiled.

"He's funny." She said with a giggle before explaining how the talked and laughed along and saw pictures of me and him from my scrap book.

She seemed to have taken a liking for him cause she wanted to see him again along with Simon and Talia as apparently he had told her he was friends with them too.

Damn it , why did he have to come over and meet her......

A/N

Sorry for the long wait for this chapter, relationship problems 😭

Anyways hope all of you have a splendid weekend and thanks for all the love on this book so far

Love you guys
Elora signing off ✌🏻