Drunken Words , Sober thoughts

JJ's POV

"You didn't forget to invite her did you , I knew I should have messaged earlier." Talia said with a sigh as I rolled my eyes.

Jasmine was late to the party and wasn't responding to Talia's messages so she had decided that Jasmine wasn't coming and had made herself sad in the process.

"Talia she said she would be here so I can assure you she'll be here." I said as I made myself a drink.

"JAS!!!!!" I then heard Talia scream as she ran towards the door, so I assumed Jas had just arrived, damn no one is ever that excited to see me.

"Girls huh.." Simon said with a chuckle jokingly nudging me making me roll my eyes.

"What's up Minter." I asked him pouring him a drink as he sat down next to me.

"Nothing new Olatunji." He said as we looked back at the girls who were all very excitedly exchanging greetings.

"How was today, hope things are less awkward with you and Jas now." He asked as I handed him the drink.

"It was nice actually, she even invited me back to her place to spend more time with Kiara. I think she really wants me to be a part of Kiara's life." I said as he nodded along before we both took a sip of our drinks.

"She seems less pissed around you from what I've seen , that vacation really helped both of you get more comfortable with each other." He said as I hummed in response.

Simon was the only one who knew about Jas asking me to co-parent but even he didn't know what happened that night on the balcony.

Truth be told , I was embarrassed at myself for acting like that but atleast I got Jasmine to understand everything that I felt.

I still didn't want the entire friend group to know cause a small disagreement with Jasmine or if she changes her mind , everything will go back to being hostile and I didn't want that , I wanted things to be more certain before everyone knows.

"Now come on let's go meet everyone." Simon said as he finished his drink and went to meet and greet all the friends.

I too then finished off my drink and followed him to the group.

Narrator's POV

The party went normally for everyone except for Jasmine who had faced plenty of questions about her relationship status, the girls were confused as to why Jordan was not around as much anymore.

They also had seen JJ and Jasmine grow more amicable and that led to questions of whether the couple would rekindle their love story but Jasmine kept shutting down any thought of it happening.

Over the night, the constant questioning got to Jasmine and she found solace with the boys and the constant flow of drinks they had going on. She was very tipsy by night's end and it was evident that she would need help getting back to her place.

As fate would have it , the least drunk person in the room happened to be JJ , who had just one drink because he had training the next afternoon and couldn't afford to be hungover.

So it was decided that JJ would drive Jasmine back to her place and JJ was given the task of somehow managing to take Jasmine away from the drinks and the dance floor back to the safe confines of her own house.

JJ's POV

"Jas..... It's getting late ,let's get you back home." I said as I pulled a tipsy Jasmine away from the dance floor.