Vixen

TSUKISHIMA WAS SUSPICIOUS.

But he refused to show it - upholding his professionalism.

The duo was oddly quiet today, even Nishinoya remained attentive. It was unsettling to say the least. Ever since class started, he and (Y/N) didn't talk once, not a single peep. Usually that would make any teacher relieved to know that their students were diligently paying attention to the lesson.

However the situation wasn't so simple. An entire week of hell was quick to show that.

The incident from last week replayed in his mind, the consequences that followed and the main reason for the dull ache between his eyebrows - persistent. Tsukishima closely watched the girl responsible over the top of his glasses. A pen spinning between his fingers as the class copied down the examples on the board.

With a narrowed stare, he reluctantly directed his attention towards her, watching inconspicuously. Taking in the little details, the way she'd lightly bounce her foot, the one that was crossed over her leg or the way she'd tap the end of her pen against her notebook whilst she read over the examples.

Tsukishima's eyes danced along her figure and as much as he wanted to tear his gaze away; he simply couldn't. There was something nagging him at the back of his head, as of now he's been able to completely shut it out however he wasn't certain what he would do once it grew on an unbearable scale.

He 'tched' against his hand.

Sometimes Tsukishima really hated people, more so, he loathed just how easy it was for him to crack under the slightest bit of pressure. If there was one thing he absolutely detested - it was not being in control.

And with the way (Y/N) was acting spoke of something. Call it unchartered territory because as reluctant as he was to admit it. Something has changed.

The pen stopped spinning, catching between his thumb and palm. Tsukishima subconsiously started to squeeze it, the plastic cracking lightly which was enough to snap him out of it. He venemously glared down at the pen, as if blaming it for all of his problems. Scowling, he brought himself to face the class - catching someone's eye.

The girl in question blankly observed him. She was elegantly twirling her pen between her own fingers which only made his anger grow. Tsukishima couldn't help but feel as if she was mocking him.

The small pleased smile on (Y/N)'s face told him everything he needed to know.

Golden eyes turned into slits, teeth threatening to grind together, he fought down the urge to loosen his tie because that would just show that he was letting her get on his nerves with succession.

Leaning back against her chair, she basked in the sweet victory because as composed as he was, the subtle twitch in his jaw wasn't overlooked because; she was waiting for it.

And with the way Tsukishima was the first to break their eye-contact.

He knew it too.

(Y/N): 1

Tsukishima: 0

Bokuto 'hummed' under his breath, bidding his students goodbye with a broad smile. Organizing his desk, he walked around the room, picking up leftover worksheets and returning used equipment to its designated place. The door to the classroom closed sharply, snatching his attention.

He was met with a small smile.

(Y/N) was sitting in his chair, one leg crossed over the other whilst her fingers ran through her hair. "Good lesson today" she called out simply, relaxing in his seat.