Mysterious Man

Ring...Ring...

The man swiftly picked up the phone. His eyes flashed after seeing the contact name, why was he calling him?

The glaring red light had suddenly turned green, so he quickly put his phone down on the dark grey dashboard, making it easier for him to still talk while driving.

"Hey" he uttered.
"I haven't heard from you in while man! I think the last time I saw you, you were still cooped up in your office with all those papers!"

"I still remember when the boys and I came in there and tried to help you! Although you kept insisting on us leaving, we couldn't just leave you!"

The line frizzled.

"I think after we finished up, Bokuto told us about some of Kiyoko's favorite movies?"
His finger perched on his chin before quickly moving back to the wheel as he recalled the past.

"Yeah he did" he chirped!"

"Then we watched those chick flicks, Titanic and the Notebook." He took a pause and sighed.

"I've never cried that much in my life, don't ever tell Kiyoko ok? The memories dude," the man said laughing.

His faced changed back to normal before speaking again. "Oh, sorry for rambling, but you usually don't call unless you need something, so what's up?"

The other gentleman on the line spoke up. The line crackled a bit as he took a small pause before speaking, as if he didn't already know what to say.

"Well Asahi, it has been a while hasn't it?" The mysterious man said while slightly chuckling.
"Yes, I remember it, those movies were quite fun, and I did appreciate the help from you all, but you're right, I am in need of a small favor.
How about you meet me at the local ramen place we used to go to...

                    "Just like old times?"

The two men walked into 'Kyushu Jangara Ramen.' It was the local ramen place where their friendship had originally blossomed.

"A booth for two? The hostess happily bowed as she grinned."

The two gentlemen nodded and bowed back before casually walking behind the worker to their freshly cleaned table.
The smell was to die for, the scent of fresh vegetables and ramen filled the room.

Asahi sat down rather quickly, eager to catch up with his old friend. While the other gentleman took his time, not wanting to crinkle his new suit.

Inhaling deeply, his shoulders rose gracefully as his suit's pointy shoulders raised up. The man cleared his throat and spoke with a low voice. "I'm sure you're wondering why I called you here Asahi?" His lips curled into a slight smile while he eased back into his chair.

"Of course, why else would I have come here? It's not very often that you call me, so I just couldn't miss this." Raising his eyebrows, the male shifted in his seat, hoping his uneasiness wouldn't be picked up.

An everlasting moment of silence began. Both gentleman kept adjusting in their seats...one more than the other.
As the quietness continued, they both made eye contact, initiating an intense staring contest.

"Blink" the gentleman chuckled as he cocked his head.

"No you blink," Asahi retorted, reciprocating the movement.

After about 30 seconds later, the men's red dry eyes begged to differ about their little competition.
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘨𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨.