Opening up

When Louis came home around four in the afternoon on sunday from Harry's he was a nervous wreck. He needed to tell his parents that he was a dad now and he had no clue how he should tell them. They didn't even know that he had a thing for boys so it was a lot he had to explain and he didn't know if he was ready for that. But he had to tell them now if he wanted to be a good parent for Jack. It had been a week since he learned about Jack and he couldn't postpone it further. His parents would already be disappointed in him and if they found out that he kept it from them for so long would only make it worse.

"Hello?" He shouted into the house when he stepped through the door.

"In the living room honey." He heard his mum call out and he mentally prepared himself for what's to come.

He slowly walked over to said room and his parents were sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" Louis said immediately because if he didn't he would've probably chickened out.

"Of course." Louis' dad, Mark, said and turned off the tv to give Louis his full attention.

Louis sat down opposite of them and looked at his parents for a moment without saying anything.

"Is everything alright, boo?" Jay asked concerned when she saw the nervous look on Louis' face.

"Uhm, yeah. No. I need to tell you something." He began and his parents waited for him to go on.

"Do you remember when we went to the carribean and met the Styles'?" Louis asked and both nodded.

"Yes, of course. You were really close to their son, Harry right?" Mark asked confused and Louis nodded.

"Yeah, well...what I didn't tell you was that I was closer to him than you think." He paused to see the reactions of his parents but they didn't seem to get what he was on about, so he sighed. "I developed feelings for him. You know I've never labeled my sexuality and back then I didn't know what was going on inside of me, but I knew that even after such a short time I fell in love with him..." Mark and Jay stared at him surprised.

"Lou, there's nothing wrong with loving a guy, I hope you know that." Jay reassured and Mark nodded agreeing.

"We will always support you, no matter what."

"I know, but uhm...on their last day there I spent the evening with Harry and we, uhm..." He couldn't say it, he just couldn't.

"You what, son?" Mark pressed, he had a feeling what was about to come but he wanted to hear it from Louis.

"I s-slept w-with him..." Louis stuttered and pressed his eyes shut tightly.

"Oh." Was all Mark said and when Louis opened his eyes again his mother looked at him shocked.

"A-and we were both, you know, we were inexperienced and forgot to use protection..." Louis continued and he blinked away the tears in his eyes because he was so scared that his parents would be disappointed in him or even worse, hate him.

"Oh god, are you ill?" Jay asked shocked, but Louis shook his head immediately.

"No! N-no. B-but, I never saw him again because there was a misunderstanding and neither of us had the other's number, but a few weeks ago we got a new student and it turned out it was Harry a-and Niall befriended him, so we spent some time together and now I found out that..." Louis stopped as tears ran down his cheeks and he wiped them away quickly.

"I don't understand." Jay said confused.

"I...fuck, okay I'm just going to say it...I found out that I have a two year old son." Louis dropped the bomb to his parents and they just looked at him like they had seen him for the first time ever. It was dead silent for a few minutes and Louis didn't dare to say anything further.