Love and Nightmare

*smut warning*

"Lou?" Harry asked silently as he hesitantly walked into the room after taking Jack to bed in the evening. Louis glanced up from where he was just pulling his jeans off with a neutral face before looking down again snatching the sweatpants from the floor.

"What?" He mumbled. Harry sighed deeply blinking away the tears of guilt from his eyes.

"I'm sorry I said that earlier. I didn't mean it, I was just so angry and scared, I'm so sorry it just slipped. I know you aren't to blame, you couldn't know." Harry said quietly fighting against his emotions and fear of Louis leaving him.

"It's fine." Louis said as he pulled his pants up.

"No, it's not. I shouldn't have said that and-" Harry apologized further but Louis cut him off.

"I said it's fine, Harry. Forget it, okay?" He snapped. He snatched his phone from the nightstand and slid it in his pocket.

"Okay." Harry whispered looking on the floor so Louis couldn't see his glassy eyes. Louis however lifted his chin with his index finger and pressed a small kiss to his lips showing him that they were good. He smiled slightly at Harry before he left the room to go downstairs to eat dinner with their mothers.

Harry followed him and was happy that Louis had kissed him as a gesture of forgiveness but he couldn't get rid of the feeling that Louis was still pissed- no, not pissed- hurt. He knew that Louis still struggled with dealing with his absence of the first two years of Jack's life even though he wasn't to blame and Harry hadn't made it easier by reproaching him with that.

He walked down the stairs and sat down next to Louis and they ate mostly in silence. Anne and Jay were chatting about god knows what, they didn't even notice the uncomfortable silence between their sons. After dinner they excused themselves and went upstairs. Louis instantly went for the bathroom while Harry sat down on the bed with crossed legs. He heard the shower running and he was disappointed that Louis hadn't asked him to come with him. They always showered together so Harry was sure it still bothered Louis what he had said and the guilt ate him alive.

Tears started welling up in his eyes because he didn't know what to do so Louis wasn't mad at him anymore even though he assured him that everything was fine. The tears fell down on his lap and he just sat there waiting for Louis with his head hung low.

After five minutes the bathroom door opened again and Harry was met with the heavenly smell of Louis' shower gel what caused him to cry even harder and a sob escaped his lips.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Louis instantly rushed over to him and sat down next to him placing a hand on his thigh.

"I j-just...I'm s-so sorry t-that I h-have said that. I d-didn't m-mean it, but I h-hurt you so m-much with that and I d-don't know how t-to make up for it. P-please don't l-leave me, I need y-you." Harry hiccuped harshly wiping his eyes. His whole body shook because he was crying so hard and he couldn't seem to stop.

"Oh darling." Louis sighed and pulled him in his arms. His skin was still wet from the shower but neither him or Harry cared that he drenched Harry's clothes. "I'm not gonna leave you, babyboy. I just...you know what, it doesn't matter. I'm fine, we're fine, okay? I'm not mad or anything." Louis reassured and pressed a kiss to his temple.

"B-but you're h-h-hurt." Harry sobbed.

"No, I'm not. It's alright, angel. Stop crying now, please." Louis said gently. Of course he was hurt, but it didn't help anyone when they were like this now and he couldn't see Harry so sad, so he just had to swallow it up. It wasn't like it was the end of the world.