How to deal with heartbreak?

The week after Louis' and Harry's break up and before Christmas was horrible for both of them. They were suffering deeply and their friends couldn't help them causing their group kind of splitting up. Zayn and Liam were with Louis and Niall was with Harry most of the time. At some point they tried to eat lunch together but it was strange. Harry and Louis couldn't look at each other, both too hurt and heartbroken, so most of the time they sat at seperate tables. When Zayn and Liam were with Harry and Niall, Louis was spending time with his teammates especially with Calvin and Stan. The team grew closer because Louis spent more time with them and it showed. Their energy and appearance in practice was ten times better than before.

Jay and Anne were also beyond concerned, but they understood and were glad that they at least didn't seperate through a fight. But both of them couldn't see their sons suffering and everytime they met up this was the number one subject. They tried to find a way to bring the boys back together even though they didn't know what made them break up in the first place. However, when Louis was over at Harry's, Anne still treated him like he was her own son and if Harry happened to be over at Louis' when he brought Jack there, Jay wasn't any different. There was no bad blood between anyone even if Louis and Harry didn't really talk only when they had to.

Harry and Louis managed the co-parenting quite good and Jack didn't witness the bad state his dads were in. The only thing that had changed for him was that when he went to Harry's room in the mornings Louis wasn't there. He often came over after school and took Jack out or played with him while Harry was in his room. Sometimes the three of them spent time together and thankfully Jack was such a happy soul that they almost forgot about their heartbreak for a few hours, it wasn't often though. Jack slept over at Louis' at least once a week and sometimes even twice or thrice. They wanted to keep it relaxed and didn't want fixed times for when Louis took him.

Probably the worst day for Louis was his birthday on Christmas eve. His lads were there, but only Harry was missing. He couldn't bring it over himself to see him at his birthday, it was just too much. Of course the boys sensed it and they tried everything to cheer Louis up. Niall had tried it with his bubbly personality, Liam with his caring side and Zayn with alcohol. Each of the boys did their part so good that Louis actually had quite a good time, but he caught himself thinking about his ex lover too often and he felt a pang in his chest every time.

Christmas was also strange. Anne and Jay insisted on celebrating together so Harry and Louis had to swallow it up, but it was tense. At least between the two boys. They were eating and then it was time for presents. Anne had a present for Louis and Jay had one for Harry and of course Jack also got presents. So here they were sitting in front of the Christmas tree with Jack sitting between his parents who were just unpacking their presents.

"Wow, this is amazing! Thank you Jay!" Harry said with big eyes and a huge grin on his face when he examined the tripot and the equipment she got him for his camera. He got up and hugged her tightly and when he had tears in his eyes because it was such an amazing present, nobody had to know.

"I really hope this is the right one. I sent Mark to buy it, but you know him." She waved him off and Harry laughed.

"Hey!" Mark whined playfully from where he was sitting on the couch.

Louis was struggling opening his present because Jack always had his fingers between the paper and Louis was afraid he could cut his finger on it.

"Jack. Let daddy open his present in peace. Here, you can open yours." Harry piped in and gave a small present to Jack and helped him unpack.

"No way!" Louis exclaimed suddenly when he looked at his present and then up to Anne who just grinned at him. It was the newest Fifa game and a new pair of cleats from Nike. "I wanted these shoes! What, how? Oh god, thank you Anne!" He couldn't come out of amazement when he got up and hugged her tightly.